Old School RuneScape Wiki
Welcome to the OSRS Wiki!
- Number of articles: 22,184
- Number of files: 43,579
- Number of active users: 558
- Number of edits: 6,892,050
- 6 July 2019
- You can now switch between displaying floor numbers in United Kingdom & United States conventions. Give it a try by clicking the moon icon at the top right, or by clicking any floor number notice in any article.
- 12 April 2019
- The 2019 Family Photo is here! Join us again next year.
- 1 January 2019
- Dark mode has arrived! Activate it by clicking the moon icon at the top right of the page.
Article of the Week
Allow me to set the scene - You’re deep in the caves, mining away the day for meagre pay in the form of copper and tin ore in a desperate attempt to support your membership by way of bonds… when suddenly, your pickaxe handle flies off and hits you in the face! Unlucky? Maybe… Random? Certainly! This is a mysterious phenomenon known as a Random Event!
Whether it be the nefarious doings of an evil chicken, or the good deeds of Rick Turpentine, random events almost always gives you an opportunity to break the oftentimes monotonous pacing of everyday skilling. Some, such as the certer may even be helpful to those with the ever-elusive “by-the-way” status, as they may award useful items such as snapdragons. Others may reward unique costumes, to live out your childhood dream as dressing up as a frog in a computer game from 2001. Whatever the case may be, make sure to think long and hard about whether you want to dismiss an event for being a nuisance! Well… maybe don't think too hard about dismissing the beekeeper.
Random events were introduced in 2004 alongside the release of RuneScape 2 as a macroing countermeasure, but have since been superseded by much more advanced and reliable bot detection software. However, due to them being an iconic staple of Old School RuneScape, they remain in the game, albeit with several quality of life fixes, and with some of the more annoying ones removed outright.
Help us improve
Anyone can edit the Old School RuneScape Wiki! Just click Edit at the top of the page to add missing information or fix errors.
You are not entitled to view the results of this poll before you have voted.