2020 Easter event
|2020 Easter event|
|Released||2 April 2020 (Update)|
|End date||16 April 2020 (Update)|
|Preceded by||2019 Easter event|
In the 2020 Easter event, players must help street magician The Disappointing Gelt, whose top hat is uncontrollably spewing out rabbits.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to The Disappointing Gelt by the fountain of eastern Falador just south of the Party Room. He will explain that the reason in which so many rabbits have appeared around him is that they have been constantly jumping out without any signs of stopping after he had placed some runes in his hat and said 'Rabbaradoo'; investigating further, you find out that he had accidentally created a portal. Agreeing to help him, you place your hand in the portal and get pulled in, bringing you to the Rabbit Realm.
Upon arrival, you discover that you have transformed into a rabbit, and a guard instructs you to report to Duke Rabbacio. Head west to Bunbridge Castle, and speak to Duke Rabbacio on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. You discover that he and the rest of the rabbits on the island live in a cult worshipping a Magic Egg, whom the Duke asked whether they should jump through Gelt's portal and it saying yes. Deeming the Duke insane, you must speak to Paws next door, who believes the egg is wrong and has made plans to make a fake egg that only replies negatively.
He will ask the player to obtain the following:
- A conch shell, which can be found on the south-west side of the island. Pick any chat option when prompted.
- A broken egg, which can be found in the farmhouse on the north-east side of the island by the chickens.
- After using the broken egg on the conch shell, head to the top floor of the castle and use the unpainted fake magic egg on the paint buckets to obtain the painted fake magic egg.
After creating the fake egg, return to Paws, who tells you to trick the Duke into asking whether his magic egg is the real one or not. Speak to the Duke, who initially refuses to believe you that his own egg is fake, is successfully tricked into believing your egg is the real one, thanks to his magic egg responding to the Duke's question appropriately.
Giving you the "fake" egg, he then permits you to ask the "real" egg one question as a token of his gratitude, in which you ask it whether rabbits should keep jumping through Gelt's portal. Satisfied with the egg's answer, the Duke sends the order for all rabbits to cease jumping through the portal, and let them know that you can speak freely with the other rabbits.
Exit the portal, and speak to The Disappointing Gelt one more time to complete the event.
Congratulations! Event complete!
Post-event quests[edit | edit source]
The Rabbit's Assistant[edit | edit source]
To begin the quest, talk to the Rabbit Chef on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the castle, inside the kitchen. He informs you that it is Egg Descendance Day tomorrow, and that he is supposed to prepare a big carrot cake for the celebration. However, he has forgotten to bring some of the ingredients required for the cake and asks for your help. Agree to help him, and he will ask you to bring him the following items:
- A carrot, which can be found in the house directly south-east of the castle.
- A cabbage, which can be found in Farmer Maggot's field on the north-eastern corner of the island.
- A cake, which can be found on the north-western corner of the island.
Once players have the three items, return to the Rabbit Chef to complete the quest, which rewards five easter eggs.
Congratulations, quest complete!
The Restless Goat[edit | edit source]
Talk to Father Buckerek in the church of the egg, just outside Bunbridge Castle. Tell him that you are looking for a quest, and he will tell you that there is a ghost goat haunting his graveyard.
Agree to help him, then head to small stone building directly south. Here, inspect the grave to find out that the ground beneath the gravestone looks disturbed. Next, inspect the grave closer, and Viktor the Restless Goat will appear before you. You will discover that it is unable to pass on to the next life because one of its horns is missing, in which it will point eastwards.
Cross the bridge towards the east onto the beach, to then pick up the broken goat horn.
With the broken horn retrieved, return to restless goat and give the horn back to complete the quest, which rewards another five easter eggs.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
After completing this event players will receive:
- Magic egg ball (received during event)
- Carrot sword (received after stepping back through portal)
- '24-carat' sword (by dipping the carrot sword in the same paint you dipped the magic egg ball)
- Two noted easter eggs (additional 10 eggs, 5 per mini quest within the event)
- Other rewards from previous events, which are obtained from Diango instead:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Rabbit's Assistant and The Restless Goat are both references to existing quests, Cook's Assistant and The Restless Ghost.
- If players speak to Farmer Maggot while having a cabbage, he will take it away from them. This is a reference to Farmer Maggot from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- The Disappointing Gelt is a reference to Balthasar Gelt, a character in the tabletop miniature wargame Warhammer. His faction in Total War: Warhammer II is The Golden Order.
- On the north-east corner of Bunbridge, players can see part of the mapping used in generating instances of The Gauntlet.
- When talking to Father Buckerek, players can say they are not from this world, and then explain to the Father that this is an online game. This is one of the few places where the fourth wall is explicitly broken in the game. It mirrors the real Lumbridge, where Father Aereck tells the player the same.
- The conch shell that always gives negative answers could be a reference to the magic conch from the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Club SpongeBob".
- The goat Viktor from The Restless Goat could be a reference to Rolf's goat from the cartoon "Ed, Edd n Eddy".
- The Newcomer map purchasable from the general store still shows the human realm.