2020 Halloween event
|2020 Halloween event|
|Released||21 October 2020 (Update)|
|End date||11 November 2020 (Update)|
|Preceded by||2019 Halloween event|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to Rick by the woods just north-east of the Wizards' Tower bridge. He has swapped his head with a pumpkin after casting a spell incorrectly, and needs your help re-attaching his head. Agree to help him, and he will tell you his head is in his room at the Wizards' Tower, on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. Rick's room is accessed via the orange portal on the north side of the tower.
Search the bed to receive Rick's box. To unlock it, players must solve a riddle:
|“||Wizards Mizgog, Sedridor and Traiborn walk into a bar. The bartender serves them two wizard mind bombs and one asgarnian[sic] ale. The bar closes at 11, at which point everyone leaves. How many people left the bar?||”|
The answer to the riddle is 4 (since everyone leaves including the bartender). You will receive Rick's head upon solving the riddle. Bring the head back to Rick, who will then ask you to speak to one of the higher-ups. Speak to Wizard Mizgog on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] (speaking to the other two will result in them telling you to speak to Mizgog), who will tell you that a witch named Eve is the only person who knows that kind of magic well enough to revert Rick's head to normal.
Head to a small empty camp on the western end of Lumbridge Swamp (just south of where Rick was at the start of the event) and inspect the bonfire to trigger a cutscene. Eve will appear shortly, and will begin summoning a few friends: Yanes, Hogst, Yeldive, and Pouncer. Speak to Eve, and you will find out she already knows about you and Rick's predicament, but proceeds to party away. Dance by the fire, drink from the cauldron, and eat from the barrel, and speak to Eve again. She will give you an incantation to use on Rick's head, which should restore Rick to normal.
Return to Rick's room, and he will cast the incantation and restore his head to normal.
Congratulations, event complete!
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Headless head
- Magical pumpkin (members only)
- Two noted pumpkins
- Two noted Halloween mask sets
- Rewards from previous events, which can be claimed from Diango.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Rick mentions a book called "Kwuarm and peas". This is a pun on War and Peace, a novel by Russian author Leo Tolstoy.
- "Really headless Rick" is also a pun on "Nearly Headless Nick" from the Harry Potter books.
- Rick's room contains a portrait of Elena. This is not referencing the in-game NPC, but rather Mod Elena, who developed the event.
- Yanes and Hogst will have unique dialogue referencing Nieve and Bob if the player has completed Monkey Madness II and/or Dragon Slayer II, respectively and has an Amulet of Ghostspeak equipped.
- This event is a reference to a meme originating from the show Rick and Morty, where the character Rick turns himself into a pickle, similar to how the character in this event has turned his head into a pumpkin. This meme is also referenced in the update post, where it says "Trust us, it’s the funniest thing we’ve ever seen."
- A version of Sea Shanty 2, Sea Minor Shanty, plays on a gramophone in Rick's room, and is unlocked upon entering. When the gramophone is examined, a message in the chatbox will say "So this is what the kids are listening to nowadays."
- Before being fixed, if the player talked to Wizard Mizgog before Rick after receiving the incantation from Eve, the player tells Mizgog the incantation returned Rick's head even though it wasn't completed yet.