2021 Halloween event
|2021 Halloween event|
|Released||20 October 2021 (Update)|
|End date||3 November 2021 (Update)|
|Preceded by||2020 Halloween event|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to the protesting monks in Varrock Square. They will ask you to go to the Edgeville Monastery and talk to Brother Jered as Oziach is trying to buy the whole monastery from them. After talking to Brother Jered on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] a cutscene will ensue with the player attempting to spook Oziach by making a scary noise with Jered's empty wine bottle, while hiding inside a tree. Finish the dialogue and quickly climb into the tree. Return to Brother Jered and speak to him once more. He gives you an ad coupon to put an ad in the Varrock Herald to find a ghost accomplice.
Talk to Benny in Varrock Square about the Halloween event and offer any of the three options.
Go to the Blue Moon Inn to see if anyone responded to your advert. Talk to Iffie. A cutscene will follow afterwards with the player telling Iffie what to do for the job, with Death himself intervening and telling the player that he also wants the job. The player selects Iffie as their accomplice at the end. Talk to Iffie once more, then talk to the bartender and select the pie option. In the next cutscene select any pie insult to distract the cook so Iffie can steal some of the kitchen's utensils.
Head south of the monastery, where you will find Iffie. Speak to her to enter a cutscene where you and her chase Oziach away by climbing trees and acting like ghosts. You must climb the three trees with a 'climb' option without being spotted by Oziach, or the cutscene will restart.
Speak to Iffie after the cutscene, after answering yes to provide her with her reward, you return to the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock for another cutscene. Once it completes, finish the dialogue to finish the event.
Congratulations, event complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Haunted wine bottle
- Ugly halloween jumper
- Two noted pumpkins
- Two noted Halloween mask sets
- Rewards from previous events, which can be claimed from Diango.
- Spooky, Dead Can Dance and Illusive music tracks are unlocked in the cutscenes, without requiring the player to go to their usual unlock locations.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|20-30 October 2021
Two typos were fixed in Oziach's overhead dialogue in a cutscene.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There are numerous references to previously released quests throughout the event, including (but not limited to) Recipe for Disaster and Monk's Friend. Completing certain quests will give the player new options to insult the cook's pumpkin pie that the player can reference.
- Freeing King Awowogei in Recipe for Disaster: "Urgh, I'd rather eat a stuffed snake with Awowogei than this!"
- The Lost Tribe: "Blerg, I think I'd rather eat some H.A.M. robes than this!"
- Cook's Assistant: "I may only be a cooks assistant, but this food is terrible!"
- Other options: "Yuck, even a stray dog wouldn't eat this!", "This tastes eww, urgh, blerg, yuck!"
- The music tracks Getting Down to Business and Illusive play during cutscenes in the event, allowing free-to-play players to unlock these previously members-only tracks. This also allows Illusive to be unlocked without completing Dream Mentor.
- During the event, after you recruited Iffie, an empty rocking chair is shown in the shop, still rocking. Examining it reveals the text "Where did Iffie go? And who is rocking the chair?!?"
- If players attempt to use any items on the climbable evergreen tree, the chatbox will state
I don't want to do that to this tree!This includes raw herrings and cooked herrings.
- The LFG advert is a reference to an acronym used by players of multiplayer games looking for a group.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Before the player's had a chat with Iffie first, her dialogue ends as intended:
- Not yet.
- Player: Not yet.
- Iffie: Come back when you are, I have something for you!
- (End of dialogue)
- Iffie: Sorry, dearie, if I stop to chat I'll lose count.
- (End of dialogue)
- Not yet.