2022 Birthday event
|2022 Birthday event|
|Released||16 February 2022 (Update)|
|End date||9 March 2022 (Update)|
|Preceded by||2021 Birthday event|
|Succeeded by||2023 Birthday event|
The 2022 Birthday event was the ninth annual birthday event held in Old School RuneScape, celebrating the release of the game on the 22nd of February 2013. The event took place in Al Kharid. To begin, speak to Hassan in Al Kharid palace.
Unlike previous birthday events, Hassan does not require the player's assistance in correcting a mistake in the proceedings, as everything is going smoothly. Instead, the player can participate in events hosted by Capt' Arnav, Larry Leprechaun, and My Arm.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Begin by speaking to Hassan who is walking inside the Al Kharid palace. He will give you notes and ask you to visit the other attendees.
The events can be completed in any order.
Larry's fishing contest[edit | edit source]
Talk to Larry Leprechaun, next to the Gnome Glider (in Al Kharid), to get bait and rod. Attempt to fish (and fail) in the pond next to Big Dave. Talk to Big Dave who suggests getting a different bait from Ali Morrisane. Upon talking to Ali Morrisane, he will ask you to do him a favour. Get the intelligence from Osman by answering his question with the answer "3". Bring Osman's report back to Ali Morrisane and receive the bait.
Attempt to fish once again and receive the tiny fish. Bring this to the Larry Leprechaun to complete this section.
My Arm's cook off[edit | edit source]
Talk to My Arm located just North of Ali Morrisane. Talk to each NPC in the cooking contest area. Search the cupboard and take one of each item. Fill the pot with flour and the bucket with water. Use the flour with the water to make a pizza base, then use the pizza base on the tomato first, and then use the pizza base on the cheese. Cook the pizza on the oven and use the banana on it to make a banana pizza. Use the banana pizza on My Arm; you will be interrupted by Hans. Talk to Hans. Use the oven again to burn the pizza making it even more "exotic". Use the burnt pizza on My Arm to win the cooking contest.
[edit | edit source]
Meet Capt' Arnav in front of the bank of Al Kharid, he will give you a clue scroll.
The first step of the clue is to dance near where the four statues meet, and face each other. Stand next to the fountain in the castle of Al Kharid and dance while facing one of the statues. The second step of the clue is the anagram "A LEARN", which refers to Ranael, the shopkeeper of the plateskirt shop to the east. Talk to her and she will give you the next step of the clue. The third step of the clue is "I provide a means to attack. Four, to be exact."; Talk to Zeke at the scimitar shop. Answer "how many birthday balloons are on and in this building?"; right answer is "30". Bring the chest back to Capt' Arnav to finish the treasure trail.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
To finish the birthday event meet Hassan back in the Al Kharid palace and speak to him. You will be brought through a short cutscene. Once finished going through the dialogue you will receive your rewards.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 noted Half full wine jugs
- All previous birthday event rewards.
- Any previous birthday event music track.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Osman's report contains the MD5 hash
75170fc230cd88f32e475ff4087f81d9of the YouTube URL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ, Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" music video. This was intended to be a Rickroll.
- The player points out that Ali's passcode question and answer are not very secure, to which Osman replies that he knows but does not care as Ali has already paid him.
- The clues given share the visual appearance of master clue scrolls, while the challenge scroll has the same appearance as a beginner clue scroll.
- At the end of the event, Hassan makes a comment of how sand is coarse, rough, and gets everywhere. This is a reference to the film Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, in which Anakin remarks on how he does not like sand.
- Capt' Arnav remarks that it is the 9th Anniversary of Gielinor. When the player replies that Gielinor is much older than that, he counters that it is the 9th anniversary "since we started countin'", a subtle fourth wall break.
- When the intelligence is handed to Ali Morrisane, he says "...Chocolate? In the desert? Hm... not a terrible idea, but how to stop it from melting...?", which is a reference to Choc-ice.
- The player can ask Hans about their account's age during the cookout, but he will be too busy to answer until the cook-off is finished.
- When answering Zeke's challenge scroll, Zeke has special dialogue if the player answers either 0 or over 2,147,483,647 (maximum value of a signed 32-bit integer).
- Dialogue during the event changes if the player has completed certain quests:
- Hassan refers to the player as a friend or not a friend of Al Kharid depending on whether Prince Ali Rescue is completed.
- Big Dave recognizes the player if Fishing Contest is completed.
- If Troll Stronghold is completed, when Hans recommends burning the banana pizza, the player remembers Burntmeat the troll, resulting in humorous dialogue where Hans confuses Burntmeat's name for the item burnt meat.
- My Arm talks about Snowflake if Making Friends with My Arm is completed.