A Soul's Bane/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Go east of Varrock, through the gate by the Earth Altar and just south of there, speak to Launa.|
|Description||A rift in the ground has opened up releasing all manner of strange monsters into the lands near the Digsite. A sorrowful mother waits at the top of the rift for her long lost son, who has been missing for 25 years. You can journey down into the rift for an adventure full of twisted monsters all created from the mind of a young boy driven to madness through incarceration.|
|Requirements||The ability to defeat level 45+ enemies.|
|Enemies to defeat||Multiple level 40 to 46 enemies|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: If you log out, you lose your progress and appear above the rift next time you log in. However, you can clear a room and exit, with your progress starting over to the last room you cleared.
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- From Varrock, head north-east towards the Digsite talk to Launa by the rift.
- Enter the rift with your rope.
- Note: This will generate a cut scene. Do not click outside of the text boxes as you will return to the surface.
Room 1 - Anger[edit | edit source]
- Use weapons from the rack to kill monsters until rage bar is full. (Logging out will reset the rage bar)
- When your rage bar is full you'll get a cutscene (this gives 40 Attack xp!).
- Head east to the next cave.
Room 2 - Fear[edit | edit source]
- Look inside the dark holes, some will have a fear reaper.
- You cannot search the same hole repeatedly. Search the holes going clock-wise for as many rotations as it takes to get your kills.
- Kill 5 or 6 reapers to get a cutscene.
- Enter the black hole to the west.
Room 3 - Confusion[edit | edit source]
- Defeat confusion beasts until you find the one that takes damage. The "fake" ones will vanish after 8 hits.
- You can disengage a beast by running to the opposite end of the room.
- If you're attacking a fake one, you can swap to a fast attacking weapon to kill it faster.
- If you quickly swap after attacking one(darts/knife), you can check for 2 fakes and only have to hit one of them 8 times
- Repeat until one door remains to get the cutscene.
- Enter the confusing door.
Room 4 - Hopelessness[edit | edit source]
- Kill all the hopeless creatures 3 times each.
- Cross the bridge and prepare to fight Tolna (3 level-46 monsters).
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Note: You must finish the final cutscene/dialogue before attacking the heads or you will be returned to the entrance!
- Kill the 3 heads.
- Talk to Tolna.
- Talk to him again on the surface.
- Note: Re-enter the rift once you've completed the quest to complete a task from the Varrock Medium Achievement Diary.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 500 Defence experience
- 500 Hitpoints experience
- 500 Coins
- Access to the Dungeon of Tolna