A Tail of Two Cats/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Unferth at his house in Burthorpe. Show on map|
|Description||Missing: small black cat, answers to the name of Bob. Last seen on the 19th of Bennath. Please contact Unferth in Burthorpe.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Items required: a cat or kitten, 5 death runes, a catspeak amulet
Cat hunt[edit | edit source]
Recommended: a Varrock teleport
- Locate Bob the cat using the catspeak amulet (a full list of locations can be found on the full guide page here) and talk to him by doing the following:
- The fastest way to find Bob, is go to the western Varrock anvil or the garden of the Draynor Manor and world-hop until you find him or you can use the steps below to find him legitimately.
- Right click on the 'Locate' option on the amulet in your equipped items.
- Click on the whiskers until the arrow and the eyes glow white.
- Follow the arrow until you find Bob.
Strong lineage[edit | edit source]
Memories and Bob's list[edit | edit source]
Items required: Catspeak amulet (wear it), logs, a tinderbox, a bucket of milk, a chocolate cake (must be a full cake), shears, a rake, a seed dibber, 4 potato seeds
Recommended items: Varrock teleport, games necklace, Desert Amulet, Nardah teleport AND coins for the magic carpets OR Desert clothing AND waterskins. Fairy ring AKP can also be used if Beneath Cursed Sands has been completed to the point where the player enters the necropolis.
- Go to Sophanem and speak to the Sphinx
- Return to Unferth's house in Burthorpe and do the following:
- Use your rake on the patch and plant potato seeds in it and wait until they are grown. Your cat will notify you when they are done (the patch will take 15–35 minutes to grow).
- Make the bed.
- Use the logs on fireplace. Then light fireplace.
- Use the chocolate cake and bucket of milk on the southern table.
- Use your shears on Unferth to cut his hair. You will continue this animation until he becomes bald.
- Talk to Unferth once all the chores are done.
Down with the "sickness"[edit | edit source]
Items required: White robe top and bottom (Desert clothing and Druid robes are fine, but Desert legs do not work), Catspeak amulet(e), vial of water
Recommended items: Varrock teleport
- Travel to Varrock and speak with the Apothecary.
- Go to Unferth, unequip any weapons and equip the doctor's hat or nurse hat and desert clothing (top and bottom, make sure the clothing is white) and speak to him with a vial of water in your inventory.
- Locate Bob the cat again and talk to him. (Note that left clicking on Bob or Neite will interrupt the cutscene, putting you in Burthorpe but requiring you to find Bob and start it again).
- After the cutscene, talk to Unferth again.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- A Doctor's hat or Nurse hat (you can switch by destroying your hat and requesting a new one from the Apothecary)
- A present containing:
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.