A Tail of Two Cats/Quick guide
|A Tail of Two Cats (#87)|
|Released||26 September 2005 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Unferth in his house in Burthorpe|
|Description||Missing: small black cat, answers to the name of Bob. Last seen on the 19th of Bennath. Please contact Unferth in Burthorpe.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting the quest[edit | edit source]
Cat hunt[edit | edit source]
Items required: a cat or kitten, 5 death runes, a catspeak amulet
Recommended: a Varrock teleport
- Speak to Hild in the building northeast of Unferth's house.
- Hild requires 5 death runes to enchant the catspeak amulet.
- Locate Bob the cat using the catspeak amulet (a full list of locations can be found on the full guide page) and talk to him by doing the following:
- The fastest way to find Bob, is go to the western Varrock anvil or the garden of the Draynor Manor and world-hop until you find him or you can use the steps below to find him legitimately.
- Right click on the 'Locate' option on the amulet in your equipped items.
- Click on the whiskers until the arrow and the eyes glow white.
- Follow the arrow until you find Bob.
Strong lineage[edit | edit source]
Memories and Bob's list[edit | edit source]
Items required: Catspeak amulet (wear it), logs, a tinderbox, a bucket of milk, a chocolate cake, shears, a rake, a seed dibber, 4 potato seeds
Recommended items: Varrock teleport, games necklace, Nardah teleport AND coins for the magic carpets OR Desert clothing AND waterskins
- Go to Sophanem and speak to the Sphinx; If you want to skip the cutscene, select instead.
- Return to Unferth's house in Burthorpe and do the following:
- Use your rake on the patch and plant potato seeds in it and wait until they are grown. Your cat will notify you when they are done (the patch will take 25–35 minutes to grow).
- Make the bed.
- Use the logs on fireplace. Then light fireplace.
- Use the chocolate cake and bucket of milk on the table.
- Use your shears on Unferth to cut his hair. You will continue this animation until he becomes bald.
- Talk to Unferth once all the chores are done.
Down with the "sickness"[edit | edit source]
Items required: White robe top and bottom (Desert clothing is fine), Catspeak amulet(e), and vial of water
- Travel to Varrock and speak with the Apothecary.
- Go to Unferth, unequip any weapons and equip the doctor's hat or nurse hat and desert clothing (top and bottom) and speak to him with a vial of water in your inventory.
- Locate Bob the cat again and talk to him. (NOTE: there will be a cutscene involving dialogue you must click or use the spacebar to continue)
- After the cutscene, talk to Unferth again.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest Quest points
- A Doctor's hat or Nurse hat (you can switch by destroying your hat and requesting a new one from the Apothecary)
- A present containing: