Abbot Langley is the head of the Edgeville Monastery in northern Asgarnia. He prevents players with less than 31 Prayer from entering the guild (this cannot be boosted in any way). He can restore some of the player's hitpoints if they are injured. He can also attach a Sigil to a blessed spirit shield for a fee of 1,500,000 coins.
Players can speak to him with a soft clay, leather boots, and a bowl of hot water to receive a corrupted helm.
- Abbot Langley is the solution to the easy cryptic clue: Impossible to make angry.
- Abbot Langley is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: 'A bag belt only?', he asked his balding brothers.
- Abbot Langley is the solution to the master cryptic clue: Anger Abbot Langley. You must have negative prayer bonus to anger him. This is done by having an ancient staff equipped, as it is the only item to give a negative prayer bonus.
- Abbot Langley may be named after Abbots Langley, a village in Hertfordshire about 50 miles (85 km) from Jagex Central.
- Abbot Langley doesn't cure poison when he heals you.