|Released||1 October 2015 (Update)|
|Examine||• A higher order of abyssal demon.|
• It's disoriented... for now.
|Max hit||66 (Melee)|
96 (with explosion)
|Slayer XP||450 xp|
|Category||Boss, Abyssal demon|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon slayer boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill. It cannot be killed without an abyssal demon or Abyssal Sire slayer task, after one has unlocked the latter. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss.
According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for Runecraft. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, and skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
Random events cannot occur in the Sire's chamber; any random events following the player will be automatically dismissed entering appropriate range. Players in invalid tiles when a Sire is dormant will result in teleportation to the centre of the chamber.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
As with all demons, the Sire is susceptible to the effects of demonbane weapons.
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems, or otherwise deal 75 damage to Sire with ranged or mage to do so.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire reaches 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Upon defeat, the Sire respawns instantly.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 40,840 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Abyssal Sire kill is worth 109,267 coins. Excluding unsired drops, the average kill is worth 47,063 coins.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Rune full helm||3 (noted)||4/139||61,749||63,360|
|Mystic lava staff||2 (noted)||4/139||52,410||54,000|
|Rune sword||3 (noted)||4/139||36,465||37,440|
|Rune platebody||2 (noted)||4/139||76,766||78,000|
|Rune kiteshield||2 (noted)||3/139||64,058||65,280|
|Mystic air staff||2 (noted)||2/139||50,280||51,000|
|Air battlestaff||6 (noted)||2/139||53,238||55,800|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 5/139 chance of rolling the herb subtable. The herbs are dropped in a 10:9:9:7 ratio.
|Grimy kwuarm||25 (noted)||1/97.3||37,425||300|
|Grimy dwarf weed||25 (noted)||1/108.1||12,550||350|
|Grimy cadantine||25 (noted)||1/108.1||39,625||325|
|Grimy lantadyme||25 (noted)||1/139||33,450||325|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|Papaya tree seed||2||1/496.4||4,210||138|
|Palm tree seed||2||1/695||63,384||304|
|Spirit seed||2||1/868.8||Not sold||0|
|Dragonfruit tree seed||2||1/1,158.3||310,092||516|
|Redwood tree seed||2||1/1,737.5||36,468||780|
Materials[edit | edit source]
|Earth orb||47–53 (noted)||5/139||48,645–54,855||8,460–9,540|
|Pure essence||600 (noted)||5/139||1,200||1,200|
|Magic logs||50–70 (noted)||5/139||49,050–68,670||9,600–13,440|
|Uncut diamond||15 (noted)||5/139||38,220||1,800|
|Runite ore||6 (noted)||4/139||66,384||11,520|
|Onyx bolt tips||10||3/139||84,980||6,000|
|Runite bar||5 (noted)||2/139||61,895||15,000|
Talismans[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
|Binding necklace||25 (noted)||4/139||23,425||21,375|
|Jug of water||250–350 (noted)||2/139||7,500–10,500||0|
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 3/139 chance of rolling the rare drop table. This monster will always drop double the usual quantity from this table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/255.37; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Loop half of key||2||1/294.23; 1/292.04[d 2]||20,732||120|
|Tooth half of key||2||1/294.23; 1/292.04[d 2]||21,582||120|
|Uncut sapphire||2||1/1,186.13; 1/602.33[d 2]||778||30|
|Rune 2h sword||2||1/1,976.89||75,388||76,800|
|Uncut emerald||2||1/2,372.27; 1/1,204.67[d 2]||1,228||60|
|Rune sq shield||2||1/2,965.33||45,040||46,080|
|Silver ore||200 (noted)||1/2,965.33||8,000||9,000|
|Uncut ruby||2||1/4,744.53; 1/2,409.33[d 2]||2,474||120|
|Dragon med helm||2||1/5,930.67||117,872||120,000|
|Rune spear||2||1/6,260.83; 1/726.43[d 2]||23,726||24,960|
|Shield left half||2||1/12,521.65; 1/1,452.86[d 2]||130,658||132,000|
|Nature talisman||2||1/12,652.09; 1/6,424.89[d 2]||1,884||4|
|Dragon spear||2||1/16,695.54; 1/1,937.15[d 2]||79,112||74,880|
|Uncut diamond||2||1/18,978.13; 1/9,637.33[d 2]||5,096||240|
|Rune javelin||10||1/37,956.27; 1/19,274.67[d 2]||1,560||2,400|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Brimstone key||1||1/40[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/180||Not sold||12|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|9 January 2020
The Abyssal Sire will now be re-stunned correctly when autocasting shadow spells.
|28 November 2019
(update | poll)
|17 January 2019
|22 February 2018
Players are no longer forced to re-attack the Sire immediately after waking it, as the attack they'd be prompted to use was frequently an unhelpful one.
|24 August 2017
(update | poll)
The respiratory systems are now affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
|7 April 2016
(update | poll)
Shadow spells now have a 25, 50, 75 and 100% chance for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage to stun the Abyssal Sire in the first phase, rather than a static 2/3 chance for any type of shadow spell.
|31 March 2016
A warning message is now given when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports, as the Sire is able to drop runes for such teleports, risking casting teleporting spells instead in subsequent kills. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abyssal Sire art from Jagex's turn-based card game Chronicle: RuneScape Legends
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- Despite being a solo-only boss, the Sire's area-of-effect attack at 33% health and poison fumes can harm other players if they are in range.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 31 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 20 July 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yeah, you need access to the Abyss, either via the Abyssal miniquest or via fairy rings."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "It has a 5/139 chance of dropping seeds."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 December 2015. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "3/139 to get onto the talisman table."
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 13 November 2015. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "Here are the Abyssal Sire drop rates in case you didn't catch them on @JagexRonan's stream."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "1/180."
|God Wars Dungeon|