|Released||1 October 2015 (Update)|
|*A higher order of abyssal demon.|
|Max hit||66 (72 with explosion)|
|Weakness||Stab, demonbane weapons|
|Category||Boss, Abyssal demon|
The Abyssal Sire is an abyssal demon boss that requires level 85 Slayer to kill, in addition to having assigned abyssal demons (or the Sire itself) by a Slayer master. Although it resides in a multi-combat area, it is a solo-only boss.
According to The Overseer, the Abyssal Sires are the engineers of the Abyss from a time before the God Wars. As their resources began to deplete and they had no means to escape, they constructed the Nexus and remained there in deep stasis.
The Sire is located in the Abyssal Nexus, south of the Abyss used for Runecraft. It can be safely entered via the fairy ring code DIP (if the player has access to them), or it can be accessed via the Abyss although this drains the player's prayer points, if not wearing an Abyssal bracelet, and skulls them. There are four chambers in the Nexus where Sire can be found, allowing multiple people to fight the Sire per world, similar to Cerberus.
Random events cannot occur in the Sire's chamber; any random events following the player will be automatically dismissed entering appropriate range. Players in invalid tiles when a Sire is dormant will result in teleportation to the center of the chamber.
It is known for dropping the Unsired, which is then used at the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer to get a chance of obtaining an abyssal whip, dagger, abyssal head, jar of miasma and untradeable parts of the abyssal bludgeon - the bludgeon axon, bludgeon claw, and bludgeon spine, as well as a very small chance at the Abyssal orphan.
As with all demons, the Sire is susceptible to the effects of demonbane weapons.
Fight overview[edit | edit source]
The fight consists of three phases:
- The first phase focuses on killing the Sire's four respiratory systems on the sides of the room that heal the Sire. This is easily done by using Shadow spells on the ancient spellbook to disorientate Sire to take down the respiratory systems.
- At the start of the second phase, the Sire gets off his throne to attack the player with melee. He may also summon Spawns and create highly poisonous miasma pools under the player. The Spawns are quite harmless at first, but they will mature into Scions after ten seconds who have more health and deal more damage.
- When the Sire reaches 50% health, he will walk to the middle of the room to initiate the third phase. Instead of attacking himself, he rapidly summons miasma pools, which the player should avoid. When the Sire reaches less than 33% health, it will teleport the player next to him and trigger a highly damaging area-of-effect attack, which can be avoided by running away as soon as the player is teleported. He will also summon many spawns to attack the player. After the player finishes the Sire off, any spawns and scions will die alongside him.
Drops[edit | edit source]
100%[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Ashes 1 Always 30
Armour & weapons[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune platebody 2 (noted) Uncommon 77,180 Rune sword 3 (noted) Uncommon 36,618 Rune full helm 3 (noted) Uncommon 62,178 Rune kiteshield 2 (noted) Uncommon 64,430 Battlestaff 10 (noted) Uncommon 80,880 Air battlestaff 6 (noted) Uncommon 54,192 Mystic air staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 50,296 Mystic lava staff 2 (noted) Uncommon 53,264
Materials[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Pure essence 600 (noted) Common 2,400 Coal 380–420 (noted) Common 90,440–99,960 Magic logs 50–70 (noted) Common 55,050–77,070 Earth orb 47–53 (noted) Uncommon 63,074–71,126 Runite bar 5 (noted) Uncommon 62,180 Runite ore 6 (noted) Uncommon 66,486 Grimy kwuarm 25 (noted) Uncommon 32,150 Grimy lantadyme 25 (noted) Uncommon 31,075 Grimy cadantine 25 (noted) Uncommon 34,125 Grimy dwarf weed 25 (noted) Uncommon 19,975
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Players have a 5/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Watermelon seed 30 Uncommon 8,010 Snapdragon seed 2 Uncommon 123,378 Torstol seed 2 Uncommon 144,434 Ranarr seed 2 Uncommon 107,800 Papaya tree seed 2 Uncommon 18,966 Palm tree seed 2 Uncommon 102,902 Willow seed 2 Uncommon 10,890 Teak seed 2 Uncommon 594 Maple seed 2 Uncommon 83,390 Mahogany seed 2 Uncommon 14,204 Celastrus seed 2 Unknown 108,602 Yew seed 2 Rare 203,668 Magic seed 2 Rare 367,058 Spirit seed 2 Rare Not sold
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chilli potato 10 Common 3,370 Saradomin brew(3) 6 Uncommon 11,880 Super restore(4) 4 Uncommon 41,524
Runes[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Cosmic rune 350 Common 56,000 Law rune 250 Uncommon 70,750 Death rune 300–370 Uncommon 73,800–91,020 Soul rune 225–275 Uncommon 32,850–40,150 Blood rune 160–210 Uncommon 43,520–57,120
Talismans[edit | edit source]
Players have a 3/139 chance of receiving an item from this table.
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Air talisman 1 Rare 109 Water talisman 1 Rare 158 Fire talisman 1 Rare 2,673 Chaos talisman 1 Rare 457 Body talisman 1 Rare 455 Nature talisman 1 Rare 810 Mind talisman 1 Rare 483 Earth talisman 1 Rare 291 Cosmic talisman 1 Rare 537
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 48,505–52,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 10 Uncommon 84,760 Uncut diamond 15 (noted) Uncommon 45,240 Binding necklace 25 (noted) Uncommon 24,050 Jug of water 250–350 (noted) Uncommon 5,250–7,350 Cannonball 300 Uncommon 54,600 Unsired 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/180) Not sold
Rare drop table
In addition to the drops above, this monster has access to the standard rare drop table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 3,000 Rare Not sold Loop half of key 1 Rare 8,562 Tooth half of key 1 Rare 13,634 Uncut sapphire 1 Rare 859 Runite bar 1 Rare 12,436 Unknown talisman
1 Very rare Error Nature rune 67 Very rare 17,152 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,980 Rune battleaxe 1 Very rare 24,591 Uncut emerald 1 Very rare 900 Law rune 45 Very rare 12,735 Death rune 45 Very rare 11,070 Steel arrow 150 Very rare 4,950 Rune arrow 42 Very rare 2,646 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 860 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,657 Dragonstone 1 Very rare 12,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Very rare 7,900 Uncut ruby 1 Very rare 1,545 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,215 Dragon med helm 1 Very rare 59,116 Rune spear 1 Very rare 12,091 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,694 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 37,233 Uncut diamond 1 Very rare 3,016 Rune javelin 5 Very rare 750
The Abyssal Sire drops items from the rare drop table in multiples of two.
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|17 January 2019 (update)||The Abyssal Sire can now be slain as part of an Abyssal Plane slayer assignment for Konar quo Maten.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Sire received several updates due to player complaints:
- Shadow spells used to have a 2/3 chance of instantly disorienting the Sire, regardless of the type of spell used. This was changed in an update on 7 April 2016 to the current set of 25, 50, 75 and 100% rates for shadow rush, burst, blitz, and barrage as it was possible to not disorient the Sire with barrage spells which could result in a net loss during the trip.
- Prior to an update on 31 March 2016, there was no warning when teleporting away from Sire's chambers with the Ancient Magick teleports. As the Sire is able to drop runes for these teleports, subsequent kills can result in casting teleporting spells instead. Annakarl Teleport was the most likely teleport spell used, as its spell icon was next to that of Blood Barrage, which made it likely to cause a misclick.
- Prior to an update on 24 August 2017, the respiratory systems would not be affected by the bonus damage and accuracy from an imbued slayer helmet.
- The Sire has multiple examine options that can be seen throughout the fight (including its Respiratory systems).
- It is one of the few monsters that does not have a defensive animation; rather, it loops its idle animation instead.
- On release, players who attacked the Sire when it was dormant would end up performing a second attack when it woke up. This was a glitch and was fixed with an update on 22 February 2018.
References[edit | edit source]
|God Wars Dungeon|