The Abyssal orphan is a boss pet that resembles the scions that are encountered during the Abyssal Sire boss fight.
Players have a 5/128 (1/25.6) chance of obtaining the abyssal orphan when they place an unsired on the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer. As an unsired is a 1/100 drop, this effectively makes the chance of an abyssal orphan 1/2,560. If the player obtains this pet, a message will appear in the chatbox stating The Font appears to have revitalised the Unsired!.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
- Abyssal orphan: You killed my father.
- Player: Yeah, don't take it personally.
- Abyssal orphan: In his dying moment, my father poured his last ounce of strength into my creation. My being is formed from his remains.
- Abyssal orphan: When your own body is consumed to nourish the Nexus, and an army of scions arises from your corpse, I trust you will not take it personally either.
- Player: No, I am your father.
- If the player is female:
- Abyssal orphan: Human biology may be unfamiliar to me, but nevertheless I doubt that very much.
- If the player is male:
- Abyssal orphan: No, you are not.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- The pet has the highest drop rate for a one-off pet at 5/128 (1/25.6). This is due to the time it takes to obtain an unsired, whose drop rate is 1/100.
- Dialogue Option 2 may be a reference to The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader informs Luke that he is in fact his father, followed by Luke dismissing the claim as impossible.