The Abyssal orphan is a boss pet that resembles the scions that are encountered during the Abyssal Sire boss fight.
Players have a 5/128 (1/25.6) chance of obtaining the abyssal orphan when they place an unsired on the Font of Consumption behind The Overseer. As an unsired is a 1/100 drop, this effectively makes the chance of an abyssal orphan 1/2,560. When the unsired is placed into the font, if the pet chance is rolled, a message will appear in the chatbox stating The Font appears to have revitalised the Unsired!.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
- Abyssal orphan: You killed my father.
- Player: Yeah, don't take it personally.
- Abyssal orphan: In his dying moment, my father poured his last ounce of strength into my creation. My being is formed from his remains.
- Abyssal orphan: When your own body is consumed to nourish the Nexus, and an army of scions arises from your corpse, I trust you will not take it personally either.
- Player: No, I am your father.
- If the player is female:
- Abyssal orphan: Human biology may be unfamiliar to me, but nevertheless I doubt that very much.
- If the player is male:
- Abyssal orphan: No, you are not.
This dialogue is only triggered when the abyssal orphan is battling another pet in the arena in the Menagerie.
- Abyssal orphan: *chitter*
- Abyssal orphan: Krsss!
- Abyssal orphan: Scscs!
- Abyssal orphan: Sgss!
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- The pet has the highest drop rate for a one-off pet at 5/128 (1/25.6). This is due to the time it takes to obtain an unsired, whose drop rate is 1/100.
- Dialogue Option 2 for male players is a reference to The Empire Strikes Back where Darth Vader informs Luke that he is in fact his father, followed by Luke dismissing the claim as impossible.