The account management tab shows information related to the player's account. It has three tabs: Account, Community and Links.
Account[edit | edit source]
The Account tab displays the following:
- Amount of membership left, if any, and a link to Jagex's store to purchase membership
- A button to open the Bond Pouch
- Amount of unread messages in the Message Centre and a link to the inbox
- The account's display name and a button to open the in-game name changer
Display name[edit | edit source]
The display name interface shows how long players have until they can change their display name, and how many extra free changes they have redeemed with bonds. The 'Look up name' button found near the bottom of the menu allows players to check if a name is available or not; this can be done even if players aren't eligible to change their name yet.
If the name is available, the button found at the bottom of the menu will now show the name and the status box in the middle of the menu will show "Not taken". If players want to change their account to use the available name, they must click the button found at the bottom of the name change menu. Clicking it will instantly change the player's name without confirmation.
Once the player changes their name, they will need to log out and in if they wish to change it again using the in-game menu. If a bond was redeemed for a name change, the in-game menu may not recognise this, and can be fixed by logging out and back in.
In addition, it is not possible for the game to know if a reserved name is reserved to the player themselves; this must be done via the RuneScape Website.
Community[edit | edit source]
The Community tab displays the following:
- The current active poll, if available
- A button to view a list of past polls
- A button to view the latest newspost
- A button to view the newspost archives
Links[edit | edit source]
The Links tab displays the following useful links:
- The Old School Website
- Customer Support
- Grand Exchange
- The Old School RuneScape Wiki
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 December 2019
(update | poll)
|27 September 2018
(update | poll)
|31 March 2016
Fixed an issue where display names appeared to change.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The account management tab was initially added to the mobile client in the update of 23 August 2018 and was later added to the desktop client after passing Old School Content Poll #60: Portal Nexus and More!.