Acheron is an inhospitably cold landmass somewhere north of the Fremennik Province and the islands of the Lunar Sea. It is described as a terribly vicious place where no living thing should survive, those who would venture into the perilous environment require an agile and sturdy body to survive. The Fremennik share stories of icy winds on Acheron that could freeze hearts to stone and the crew of the Lady Zay jokingly state Acheron is cold enough to freeze spoken words.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the release of The Tale of the Muspah in RuneScape 3, some players speculated the ritual site was on Acheron, although with the release of the Ritual of the Mahjarrat this was disconfirmed.
References[edit | edit source]
- Brundt the Chieftain, Old School RuneScape. "North of this town the atmosphere becomes bitterly cold. There are a number of small inhabited islands that we have sea routes with... ...Beyond those islands, there is a large frozen wasteland we call Acheron."
- Jagex. Postbag 20 - "Transcript:Tales from earlier ages", 4, by Chieftain Brundt. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. "the frozen lands of Acheron are a terrible vicious place. We do not fear the cold but there are things up there that live where no living thing should survive. The stories tell of icy winds with intent so malicious they will wrap themselves around your heart until it freezes like stone"
- Brundt the Chieftain, Old School RuneScape. "It is an inhospitable land, and you will need an agile and sturdy body just to keep alive in it's perils."
- 'Lecherous' Lee, "Lady Zay", Old School RuneScape. "Up by Acheron it gets so cold that when you talk you see the words freeze in the air in front of you!"
- Jagex. Postbag 20 - "Transcript:Tales from earlier ages", 4, by Chieftain Brundt. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. "In good time we will venture north and warm the very winds themselves with our battle cries and song; unlike the scurvy pirates we possess qualities other than fearlessness. We are patient and know the time is not yet right, the dangers of the daggermouths have not been overcome yet and until they have it would be prudent to wait."
- Jagex. Postbag 9 - "Transcript:Sawdust, Wallbeasts and Kebabs!", 5. RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. "Maybe it's the land of Acheron I have heard about."