Lake Molch is a large lake found just outside Great Kourend. Here, players can speak to Alry the Angler to engage in aerial fishing, a combined Fishing and Hunter activity. It requires a minimum level of 43 Fishing and 35 Hunter. Players can hunt for various fish and salamanders with a Cormorant, much like Falconry where players hunt kebbits with a gyr falcon.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
To reach the island in the center of Lake Molch, the player must take a boat at one of the three docks located on the northern, western, and eastern shores of the lake.
- To reach the northern or eastern dock the player can use Fairy Ring DJR to the chasm of fire and either run south for the eastern dock or west for the northern dock.
- To reach the eastern dock, the player can teleport to Shayzien using Kharedst's Memoirs and run West.
- To reach the western dock, the player can use:
Catching fish[edit | edit source]
Players must use a Cormorant to catch creatures from a fishing pool. The player can obtain one by speaking to Alry, and they must have both hands free to wield the bird. The bird swoops down and returns to the player with the catch. If the player's inventory is full, the bird swallows the catch and doesn't award any experience to the player.
King worms are used as bait, which can be gathered on the island. When the player starts to catch fish, they can choose to cut the fish up into stackable fish chunks, granting Cooking experience; these can be used in place of king worms, where the cormorant will take 1 chunk every 3-6 catches as their reward for gathering the fish.
Unlike Falconry, a catch is guaranteed each time the bird is sent. Multiple players can catch from the same pool and will see people fishing from all sides of the circular island. If the bird is sent while the pool is moving to a new location, it will still count as successful.
The time between catches varies with the distance between the player and the fishing spot. The shortest wait occurs after targeting a fishing spot within the player's 7x7 reach (i.e. 3 tiles in any direction) whereby the Cormorant will be available again on the next tick. It is therefore possible to catch one fish per tick while there are fishing spots close enough to the player.
Catches[edit | edit source]
There are four creatures players can hunt with aerial fishing.
|Catch||Fishing Level||Fishing XP||Hunter Level||Hunter XP||Cooking XP|
The following items may also be rarely obtained:
- Golden tench: There is a 1/20,000 chance that players may receive this cosmetic equippable fish in place of their regular catch. Players who do not want it can exchange it with Alry for 100 Molch pearls.
- Clue bottles.
Molch pearls[edit | edit source]
When fishing within Lake Molch, each catch has a 1/100 to 1/75 chance of giving Molch pearls in addition to the player's catch, which scales based on the player's Fishing and Hunter levels. These can be used to purchase various rewards in Alry the Angler's Angling Accessories.
- Angler's outfit piece — 100 Molch pearls
- Pearl fishing rod — 100 Molch pearls
- Pearl fly fishing rod — 120 Molch pearls
- Pearl barbarian rod — 150 Molch pearls (can only be purchased if the player has the relevant progress in Barbarian Training)
- Cosmetic fish sack — 1,000 Molch pearls
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Below is a list of approximate experience gained per hour, based on levels.
|Fishing level||Hunter level||Fishing XP||Hunter XP||Cooking XP|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|7 February 2019
(update | poll)
|The golden tench can now be exchanged for 100 Molch pearls by speaking to Alry the Angler.|
|31 January 2019
|The rate of Molch pearls now scale based on Fishing and Hunter level. Previously they were obtained at a flat rate of 1/100. The angler's outfit was also added to the store.|
Locations in Zeah