Amulet of the damned
|Amulet of the damned (full)|
|Released||6 November 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||Heirloom of an ancient family of Morytania.|
|High alch||34,800 coins|
|Low alch||23,200 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||142,919 coins (info)|
The amulet of the damned is an amulet that provides extra buffs to Barrows equipment. It can be obtained from silver shade chests found in the Shade Catacombs. The amulet has the same bonuses as an amulet of glory.
Like Barrows equipment, it can only be traded when it hasn't been used. It will degrade at the same rate as any other barrows armour, but once it fully degrades, it will turn to dust. It becomes untradeable once it degrades. Players with multiple amulets can combine charges.
Despite being untradeable (once degraded) it isn't kept automatically on death in a "safe" location. Should you die with the amulet, the amulet will turn to dust, making it impossible to recover.
It is also involved in a combat related clue where it may degrade.
Effects[edit | edit source]
The following bonuses are granted if a player wears a full set of Barrows equipment in conjunction with the amulet of the damned. These bonuses are in addition to the armours' set effects.
- Dharok the Wretched's equipment - Players wearing Dharok's set will have a 25% chance of recoiling 15% of damage taken. This effect can stack with the Vengeance spell and a ring of recoil to recoil 100% of the damage taken.
- Verac the Defiled's equipment - Players wearing Verac's set will have an additional +7 Prayer bonus, in addition to the amulet's +3.
- Torag the Corrupted's equipment - Players wearing Torag's set will have their Defence increased by 1% for every 1 Hitpoint missing.
- Guthan the Infested's equipment - Players wearing Guthan's set will be able to heal 10 above their base Hitpoints level.
- Karil the Tainted's equipment - Players wearing Karil's set will have a 25% chance of hitting twice with one attack. The second hit will deal half the damage of the first hit.
- Ahrim the Blighted's equipment - Players wearing Ahrim's set will be able to autocast Ancient Magicks. In addition, players will have a 25% chance of dealing a hit with 30% increased damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The amulet was originally polled as a drop from K'ril Tsutsaroth in the Old School feature poll #9: God Wars & Banks, where it would absorb a fraction of combat damage from any hitsplat over 15 hitpoints when worn with a full set of Barrows equipment. It gained 61.9% yes votes, 13.1% short of the passing threshold required. The introduction of the amulet was re-polled as a reward from the Shade Catacombs in Old School Content Poll #26, and passed with 75%.
- Interestingly enough, although the amulet seems to be a piece of Barrows equipment, it does not require a Defence level to wear. However, using the amulet without a Barrows set is counterproductive, since it can be replaced by an amulet of glory which will not degrade.
- The amulet is similar to RuneScape 3's Amulet of the forsaken, albeit giving different set effect buffs.