Animal Magnetism/Quick guide
|Animal Magnetism (#113)|
|Released||12 December 2006 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Matt H|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Ava in Draynor Manor.|
|Description||Draynor Manor has a new resident and, adventurers rejoice, she is a damsel in distress. Far from being Sleeping Beauty, she finds the Manor's beds not to her liking and is suffering from insomniac nights. If you fancy yourself able to aid Ava in her search for a good night's sleep, who knows what the budding scientist will produce as a reward?|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Undead chickens[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ava in the west wing of Draynor Manor and complete the dialogue.
- Go to the undead chicken farm west of the Ectofuntus with your ghostspeak amulet and ecto-tokens, and talk to Alice.
- Keep talking between Alice and Alice's husband 4 times until she tells you to go to talk to the old crone for an amulet.
- Run west of the farm until you reach the old crone's house just east of the Slayer Tower.
- Speak twice to the old crone to receive a crone-made amulet.
- Speak with Alice's husband to give him the Crone-made amulet.
- Speak with Alice's husband again.
- After the cutscene, speak to Alice's husband who will now sell you two undead chickens for 20 ecto-tokens.
Magnet[edit | edit source]
- Take your 5 iron bars, hammer, and two undead chickens back to Ava in the west wing of Draynor Manor and speak to Ava.
- Speak to the Witch in the north west corner of Draynor Manor (inside the building).
- Speak to the Witch again to receive a selected iron.
- Take the selected iron to the centre of the Rimmington mine, face north, and use the hammer on it.
- Return to Ava and give her the magnet.
Undead twigs[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Ava
- Use your axe on an Undead tree (not Dead tree). You can exit through the door of the east room. (An Undead tree is found in front of the manor, has a yellow examine option.)
- Talk to Ava after it fails to chop the Undead tree. She will tell you to bring your Mithril axe, and Holy symbol to Turael in Burthorpe.
- Talk to Turael, the slayer master in a house in south-eastern Burthorpe.
- Talk to Turael again to receive the Blessed axe, provided you have a Mithril axe and a Holy symbol in your inventory.
- Return to the mansion and cut the undead tree again.
- Bring the Undead twigs to Ava.
- She will give you garbled research notes that you need to solve.
- To translate turn off all the green orbs except for the 2nd, 5th, and 9th (left to right, see image)
- Talk to Ava again.
- Combine the solved notes with the polished button and the hard leather.
- Give the container to Ava.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 1,000 Crafting, Fletching, and Slayer experience
- 2,500 Woodcutting experience
- Blessed Axe
- Ava's device: Ava's attractor if Ranged level is less than 50 or Ava's accumulator if your Ranged is 50 or higher.
- The device will automatically pick up most of your ranged ammunition. If you've asked the Ranged combat tutor in Lumbridge to make ammunition automatically go into your arrow slot when you pick it up, this effect will stack with the device in such a way that, most of the time, your ammunition will not decrease while ranging.
- The device generates iron (Attractor) or steel (Accumulator) arrows into your arrow slot, and also randomly attracts items into your inventory, including but not limited to:
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Completion of Animal Magnetism is required for the following: