Ape Atoll Agility Course
|Ape Atoll Agility Course|
|Released||15 March 2006 (Update)|
The Ape Atoll Agility course is an Agility training area located near Marim, available to players with level 48 Agility (cannot be boosted). Access to this course requires completion of Chapter 2 of Monkey Madness I. To access the Agility course, the player has to wear a Ninja or Kruk monkey greegree.
The Agility course rewards 580 Agility experience per completed lap. With an average time of 39 seconds per lap, it is possible to get upwards of 53,300 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 40,000-50,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Ape Atoll Agility Course requires level 48 Agility and completion of Chapter 2 of Monkey Madness I to access. The Agility course consists of six obstacles that players can pass in return for Agility experience. If all obstacles are passed in the correct order, some bonus experience is rewarded at the end of the lap. Some of the obstacles can be failed by the player, resulting in small amounts of damage. Failed obstacles have to be tried again before going for the next obstacle, in order to become eligible for the bonus experience at the end of the lap. Players with higher Agility have a higher success rate at passing the obstacles, with obstacles becoming infallible at level 75.
It takes 20,387 laps of the course to reach level 99 Agility from level 75, with no failures of obstacles due to a 100% success rate from level 75 and above. That is equal to more than 9 complete days of non-stop training at this course.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are several different methods for travelling to the Ape Atoll Agility Course. The best options, ordened from fast to slow, are:
- Dial the fairy ring code CLR.
- Casting the Ape Atoll Teleport spell, requiring level 64 Magic and completion of the Freeing King Awowogei section of Recipe for Disaster, and run south.
- Casting the Ape Atoll Teleport spell, requiring level 90 Magic and at least 60% Arceuus favour, exit the dungeon and run northwest to pass the gates.
- Alternatively, use the Ape atoll teleport to bypass the Magic level and Arceuus favour requirements.
- Take a Gnome glider.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Wear a Ninja monkey greegree or Kruk monkey greegree to transform into a monkey that is able to traverse the obstacles.
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
- Optionally, bring a knife to cut pineapples, which can be found at the end of the course, into four pineapple rings, restoring 2 Hitpoints each.
Tips[edit | edit source]
One reasonably popular method of training on this course is to take a large number of Summer pies or Agility potions (at levels 70 and 72, respectively) to maintain a constant Agility level of at least 75, because the player will never fail an obstacle at this level. Doing this ensures that the player can obtain the maximum hourly experience rate starting at a level well below 75. However, if a player starts this at the minimum level, the boost will only last a minute before requiring another stat boost. Therefore, it is recommended to have at least level 72 to use summer pies and 73 for agility potions, so that the boost can be profited from a little longer.
The course[edit | edit source]
|N/A||Course Completion Bonus||200|
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Due to the success rate of the obstacles, the experience rates scale with the player's Agility level. At level 75 and higher expect to be able to complete a maximum of 95 laps per hour (63 ticks per lap), resulting in 55,800 Agility experience per hour.
At lower Agility levels expect to get around 40,000-45,000 Agility experience per hour.
Monkey backpacks[edit | edit source]
After completion of Monkey Madness II, players can obtain a Monkey which they can equip on their back. The monkey can be transformed into six other variants by completing laps at the agility course. Note that laps will only begin to be tracked upon completion of Monkey Madness II; Bobawu can tell players how many laps they've completed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon its release, the Ape Atoll Agility Course gave the fastest experience from level 70 to 99 Agility. The release of the Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course, released in March 2007, took this title for the fastest experience from around level 80 to 99 Agility.
- If attempting an obstacle and removing the greegree in a quick succession, it will, if timed correctly, make a glitch happen where an archer monkey appears inside the character as they walk through the obstacle.
- If attempting this agility course whilst in human form, the character will slip off the stepping stone and a message will appear in the chatbox that says "The rock is covered in slime and you slip into the water... ...you're not monkey enough to try this!"
- If attempting this agility course while not a small or a medium ninja monkey, a message will appear saying "Only the stealthiest and most agile monkey can use this!"
|Rooftop Agility courses|