Apple trees are Farming plants grown at level 27 Farming. An apple tree is grown by planting an apple seed in a filled plant pot. A gardening trowel is needed to plant the seed, then it must be watered.
After 15 minutes or less, the planted seed will become an apple tree sapling and can then be transferred to a Fruit tree patch. The fruit tree patch must be raked clean of weeds. Compost, Supercompost or Ultracompost may be added prior to planting, and once planted (using a spade and trowel), the nearby farmer may be paid to watch over your tree. Payment is 9 sweetcorn (not cooked) and optionally may be noted to save you space. If this tree becomes diseased, using secateurs or magic secateurs on it to prune the diseased leaves will bring it back to a healthy state.
An apple tree sapling may take fourteen or more hours to mature. An Amulet of nature may be bound to the patch to provide progress on its growth. Once mature, the tree produces up to six cooking apples at a time.
Planting the apple tree sapling gives 22 farming experience. A healthy apple tree, when checked, provides 1199.5 farming experience. If the farmer does not watch the tree, then disease on the tree may be removed using secateurs. However, if left alone, the diseased tree will die.
Each apple, when picked, gives 8.5 farming experience. Once all 6 apples have been picked, the tree will slowly produce more apples until all 6 are available again. However, the apples may be picked anytime they show on the tree.
- ^ Only dropped by Grown version.
- ^ Requires pruning with (magic) secateurs to cure disease.
- ^ Only dropped by Diseased version.
|8 October 2015
Left-click pruning farming patches now checks for held magic secateurs.
- While most dead trees lack any leaves, dead apple trees seem to have a full canopy.
- While apple trees that die in one of the first four growth stages seem to have identical models to the stage they died in, apple trees that die in stage 5 seem to take on a model of a tree in stage 6 with a darker coloured bark.