|Released||9 June 2016 (Update)|
|Options||Wield, Check, Drop|
|Examine||The magical sword 'Silverlight', enhanced with the blood of Agrith-Naar and ancient shards.|
Arclight is a demonbane weapon requiring level 75 Attack to wield. An upgraded variant of Darklight, Arclight features an enhanced passive effect in addition to modest improvements in attack bonus and speed.
|Base attack speed||Range|
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Category: Slash Sword||Combat Style||Style type||Weapon Style||Experience||Invisible Boost|
|Chop||Slash||Accurate||Attack and Hitpoints||+3 Attack|
|Slash||Slash||Aggressive||Strength and Hitpoints||+3 Strength|
|Lunge||Stab||Controlled||Attack, Strength, Defence, and Hitpoints||+1 Attack, Strength, and Defence|
|Block||Slash||Defensive||Defence and Hitpoints||+3 Defence|
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
When used against demonic monsters, Arclight provides a 70% increase in accuracy and damage. This means that in certain cases, Arclight can have higher damage output than typical high-damage weapons such as the blade of saeldor or scythe of Vitur, such as when fighting K'ril Tsutsaroth or demonic gorillas. Like Darklight, Arclight also counts as a piece of silver weaponry, and can therefore damage tier 2 vampyres, while gaining a 10% damage bonus against tier 1 vampyres.
Special attack[edit | edit source]
Arclight retains Darklight's special attack, Weaken, which consumes 50% of the player's special attack energy and lowers the opponent's Strength, Attack, and Defence levels by 5% (10% for demons) of their current level + 1. The accuracy roll for Weaken is made against an opponent's stab defence. This special is only activated when the player hits accurately and multiple special attacks will stack. If rolling a 0 on the damage roll after passing the accuracy check, however, the stat drain effect will still take place.
Weaken will stack additively upon successful hits unlike the Dragon warhammer, which stacks multiplicatively. Two successful special attacks thus reduce an opponent's Strength, Attack and Defence by 10%, or 20% against demonic targets. Weaken costs 50% of special attack power.
Use of the special attack does not detract from Arclight's charges.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Tools||None||Facilities||Altar (Catacombs of Kourend)|
Arclight can be made by using Darklight on the altar in the centre of the Catacombs of Kourend while 3 Ancient shards are in the inventory. Attempting to make the Arclight without the altar results in a message:
Charging[edit | edit source]
Charges are added by using 3 Ancient shards on Arclight. Beginning with 1,000 charges after creation, it gains an additional 1,000 charges for every 3 shards added, with a maximum capacity of 10,000 charges. One charge is consumed for each successful attack when using Arclight, with the exception of special attacks. If all charges are consumed, it will revert to Darklight.
Avoid recharging Arclight when it is above 9,000 charges since it will still cap at 10,000, wasting some charges.
The rarity of ancient shards is likely to prevent prolonged use of Arclight without it running out of charges. If Arclight is lost, it can only be replaced by paying Sir Prysin 1,000 for Darklight and enhancing it with ancient shards again.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
|Master||Slap Head||Centre of the Catacombs of Kourend||33,772|
Used in recommended equipment[edit | edit source]
|1||Abyssal Sire/Strategies (Melee)|
|1||Demonic gorilla/Strategies (upgrades and downgrades)|
|4||Duke Sucellus/Strategies (Melee)|
|1||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Melee tank)|
|1||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Solo Melee)|
|1||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Melee attacker)|
|2||Ultimate Ironman Guide/Equipment|
|2||Abyssal Sire/Strategies (Melee)|
|3||Chambers of Xeric/Strategies (Melee)|
|1||Corporeal Beast/Strategies (Fewer stat drains)|
|4||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Melee tank)|
|5||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Solo Melee)|
|4||K'ril Tsutsaroth/Strategies (Melee attacker)|
|1||Kalphite Queen/Strategies (mid-game players (phase one))|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 May 2022
The animation of Arclight's special attack no longer disrupts player movement as badly.
|23 February 2017
The Arclight is no longer able to be alched. Prior to the update, low level alchemy would convert the blade to 200 coins and high level alchemy would convert it to 300 coins.
|16 June 2016
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
|9 June 2016 –
16 June 2016
|16 June 2016 –|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A second Arclight can be created and will have 1,000 charges independent of any other Arclights in possession.
- Unlike Silverlight and Darklight, the Arclight can not be used as a mounted sword inside a Player-Owned House.
- It's possible to create an Arclight without completing Shadow of the Storm. If a player dies and reclaims Darklight from their grave, they can take it to the altar and imbue it there without claiming the experience and ending the quest. However, they will need to claim another sword from Sir Prysin in order to complete the quest.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 3 January 2018. Archived from the original on 24 December 2022. Mod Ash: "[It seems like the Darklight special attack actually drains by 5%/10% + 1. Is that true or just an inconsistency I'm seeing?] It's got a +1 in there, yes. Possibly to ensure it always does something, even if a stat is already low."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 31 October 2016. Archived from the original on 24 December 2022. Mod Ash: "[Against what defensive style bonus does the special attack of the darklight/arclight roll against? The dds always uses slash.] Stab."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 October 2014. Archived from the original on 26 May 2020. Mod Ash: "Darklight: Drains Attack, Defence and Strength by 10% for demons or by 5% for other NPCs and players."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 2 November 2018. Archived from the original on 25 May 2020. Mod Ash: "No, the Arclight would do it even if your rolled damage were a 0."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 12 September 2016. Archived from the original on 24 December 2022. Mod Ash: "[does the darklight spec work if the attack lands, but hits a 0?] Yes, and I think the drain's off current stat."