|Released||9 June 2016 (Update)|
|Store price||Not sold|
|The magical sword 'Silverlight', enhanced with the blood of Agrith-Naar and ancient shards.|
Arclight is an enhanced variant of Darklight requiring level 75 Attack to wield that is extremely effective against demon type monsters. In addition to an enhanced passive effect, Arclight features modest improvements in attack bonus and speed over the original sword.
Arclight provides a 70% increase in accuracy and damage when used against demonic creatures, meaning it is more effective than an abyssal tentacle against these targets.
Arclight retains Darklight's special attack, Weaken, which uses 50% of the player's special attack energy and lowers the opponent's Strength, Attack, and Defence levels by 5% (10% for demons). Weaken's effect is only applied if it is a successful hit. Use of the special attack does not detract from Arclight's charges. Special attack's accuracy roll is dependent on combat style type bonuses (stab or slash) which then rolls against a predefined stab defence roll.
Weaken will stack additively upon successful hits, unlike dragon warhammer. Two successful special attacks thus reduce an opponent's Strength, Attack and Defence by 10%, or 20% if it is a demon.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Arclight can be made by using Darklight on the altar in the centre of the Zeah Catacombs while 3 ancient shards are in the inventory. It initially has 1000 charges and gains an additional 1000 charges for every 3 shards added, and can hold a maximum of 10,000 charges. One charge is consumed for each successful attack when using Arclight, with the exception of special attacks. If all the charges are consumed, it will revert back to Darklight.
The rarity of ancient shards is likely to prevent prolonged use of Arclight without it running out of charge. To avoid wastage, it is advisable to refrain from recharging Arclight when it is above 9000 charges since it will still cap at 10,000, thus wasting the shards' potential.
If Arclight is lost, it can only be replaced by paying Sir Prysin 1000 coins for Darklight and enhancing it with ancient shards again.
Combat styles[edit | edit source]
|Chop||Slash||Attack and Hitpoints|
|Slash||Slash||Strength and Hitpoints|
|Block||Slash||Defence and Hitpoints|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the update of 23 February 2017, players were able to use low and high level alchemy on Arclight. Low level alchemy would convert the blade to 200 coins and high level alchemy would convert it to 300 coins.
- Prior to the update of 16 June 2016, Arclight did not have a special attack.
- The stats were reevaluated and changed after multiple player complaints on how the Arclight was not as strong as the newspost claimed when used against demons at higher combat levels. The same update also gave it a graphical update.
- A second Arclight can be created and will have 1000 charges independent of any other Arclights in possession.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bitterkoekje. "Combat Formulas." 10 March 2015. RuneScape Forums.