|Released||27 August 2002 (Update)|
The Ardougne Sewers are an extensive dungeon system underneath East Ardougne and part of West Ardougne. Currently, players have access to three separate sections of the sewers, which are visited during various quests.
Sewer entrances[edit | edit source]
The sewers may be entered from one of the following locations:
- Eastern Estate agent entrance
- Eastern Rat Pits entrance (Jimmy Dazzler's house)
- Western garden entrance (Edmond's garden)
- Western square entrance (manhole near Jethick in West Ardougne Town Square)
- Western entrance (north-west of West Ardougne Town Square)
- Southern Entrance (cave near Clock Tower)
Eastern Ardougne Sewers[edit | edit source]
Other than for the Rat Pits activity, the southern sewer is little visited, as it has little of much value or interest. Features of this sewer are:
Level 31 Thieving is required to pick the iron gate's lock when going towards the Rat Pits from west to east. The gate is not locked going the other way. This leads to a mine which contains 5 iron rocks, 5 coal rocks, and 3 Level 24 Zombies.
Another door separates the northern half from the southern half. Ratcatchers must be completed to unlock this door.
Western Ardougne Sewers[edit | edit source]
The western sewer is crucial to the Plague City quest. The sewer runs underneath parts of both East Ardougne and West Ardougne. In the quest, the sewer can be used to cross between East and West Ardougne. From East Ardougne, the player can use four buckets of water and a spade in the garden behind the house of Edmond and Alrena to dig a hole to enter the sewer. The pipe at the south end of the sewer exits in the city square of West Ardougne. To go the other way, use the access cover in the city square to enter the sewer and then climb the mud pile in the north-eastern part of the sewer to exit.
West Ardougne has a second entrance to the sewer, north-west of the city square. Unlike the city square entrance, this access cover is not marked with a dungeon icon on the world map. This entrance is one-way: the player can only enter the sewer from here, arriving at the pipe at the south end of the sewer. Using this pipe exits the sewer in the city square of West Ardougne.
After the quest, the garden access is blocked.
Southern Ardougne Sewers[edit | edit source]
The southern sewer is only partially explored by players. This sewer is the most flooded of the three, which makes it the most inaccessible. The main entrance, the only one known at present, is a cave east of the Clock Tower south of East Ardougne. This entrance may not be usable until the player has started the Hazeel Cult quest.
During Hazeel Cult, players find a raft that traverses part of the sewer, from the main entrance chamber to the cult's underground headquarters to the east. It is currently impossible to travel west from the main entrance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In RuneScape Classic, the ladder in the western part of the southern sewers served as the entrance to where Clivet could be found. With the transition to RuneScape 2, the entrance was moved further down the stream, along with Clivet. The western section has been inaccessible ever since. Despite this, the ladder is still programmed to transport the player and would place them next to the spirit tree near the Battlefield.