|Released||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|Location||East Ardougne (Ardougne)|
|Inhabitants||Humans, Captive creatures|
|Teleports||• Ardougne Teleport|
• Fairy rings (BIS)
The Ardougne Zoo, located in the southern part of East Ardougne, holds a variety of creatures gathered from across RuneScape. It is RuneScape's only zoo and is involved in a handful of quests. The Ardougne Zoo is the only place outside of Ape Atoll where the player can use a monkey greegree.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
- 8 Parrots
- 2 Wolves (level 64)
- 1 Jogre (level 53)
- 1 Cyclops (level 56)
- 3 Scorpions (level 14)
- 2 Grizzly bears (level 21)
- 3 Camels
- 5 Snakes (level 5)
- 4 Penguins (2 (level 2) attackable) (cage can be entered in a penguin suit)
- 15 Monkeys (level 2) (cage can be entered by holding a monkey greegree)
- 2 Unicorns (level 15) (cage can be entered by the Fairy Ring code BIS)
- 1 Ferret (after Eagles' Peak)
Quests[edit | edit source]
The following quests involve the zoo:
- Cold War, which is started at by talking to Larry outside the penguin habitat.
- Eagles' Peak, which is started by talking Charlie outside the scorpion habitat and in which you catch a Ferret for the zoo.
- Eadgar's Ruse, in which the player gets a parrot drunk to steal it from the zoo.
- Monkey Madness I, in which the player must free a monkey from the zoo.
Parroty Pete and Postie Pete[edit | edit source]
In the quest Monkey Madness I, a player offers an alliance to Awowogei; in order to proceed, the player must free a monkey from one of the cages. To do so, the player must change into a monkey. This can be done by wielding a Karamjan Monkey Greegree and speaking to a Monkey Minder, who will place the player in the monkey cage. Once a player is in the monkey cage, they can leave by either teleporting or unequipping the monkey greegree and speaking to the Monkey Minder again.
After the quest, players can repeat this process to free more monkeys from the zoo. Doing this doesn't change the number of monkeys inside of the monkey habitat.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]