|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Location||Fossil Island Volcano|
|Examine||A pile of ash.|
Unlike other ore rocks, ash piles can be mined several times before being depleted. Ash piles have a 1/4 chance of being depleted when they are mined. After being mined, ash piles take around 30 seconds to respawn.
Mining Info[edit | edit source]
|Mining XP||10 xp|
Pre roll drops[edit | edit source]
A gem table rolls before the main drop table. There's a chance to receive nothing here so that players can receive no items from a rock even if they are guaranteed to receive ash in the main drop table. The table gets more likely to be rolled if the player has an amulet of glory equipped: the probability grows from 1/256 to 1/86.
|Nothing||N/A||70/32,768; 70/11,008[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||32/32,768; 32/11,008[d 1]||259||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||16/32,768; 16/11,008[d 1]||501||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||8/32,768; 8/11,008[d 1]||1,142||60|
|Uncut diamond||1||2/32,768; 2/11,008[d 1]||2,936||120|
- The drop rate is increased while wearing an amulet of glory
Main drops[edit | edit source]
Conditional drops[edit | edit source]
The following table shows items that can be received in addition to the main resource.
|Clue geode (beginner)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (easy)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (medium)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (hard)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue geode (elite)||1||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
|Rock golem||1||Very rare||Not sold||N/A|
Yield[edit | edit source]
The amount of ash obtained is scaled to the player's Mining level, starting with one ash at level 22 and increasing by one for every 15 levels above 22, to a maximum of six ash at 97 (boosts can be used). Mining enhancers do not affect the yield when mining volcanic ash.
|Mining Level||Ash Obtained|
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Fossil Island Volcano||15|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 October 2022. (Archived from the original on 6 October 2022.)
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 11 February 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "It adds a gem roll before each ore roll, and if you receive a gem you don't get the ore roll."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 July 2020. (Archived from the original on 27 November 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, [the mining gem table has] got [...] chance of giving no gem."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 Feb 2017. (Archived from the original on 18 Jun 2019.) Mod Ash: "[the actual increase when wearing the Amulet of Glory while mining is] 1/86 rather than 1/256 for a gem."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 12 November 2022. (Archived from the original on 14 November 2022.) Mod Ash: "@bumblebink 1/20 flat."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 9 September 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Do Varrock armor, mining cape and mining gloves affect mining volcanic ash?] No."
|Mining rocks and sources|
|Fossil Island Volcano|
|House on the Hill|