|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Also called||Att, Atk|
as of 22 May 2021 - update
as of 22 May 2021 - update
Fighting accurately[edit | edit source]
Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
Some weapons give players Attack bonuses when using certain attack types. These bonuses are noted in the Equipment Stats section of the equipment menu. Attack bonuses give players advantages as well as disadvantages in melee combat, based on their target's strengths and weaknesses.
|Attack type||Suitable weapons|
|Stab||Daggers, swords, longswords, and pickaxes.|
|Slash||Swords, longswords, axes, scimitars, battleaxes, and two-handed swords.|
|Crush||Maces, battleaxes, warhammers, pickaxes, axes, and two-handed swords.|
Other Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
- An amulet of accuracy gives an equipment bonus of +4 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of power gives an equipment bonus of +6 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of glory gives an equipment bonus of +10 to the stab, slash and crush Attack types.
- The beads of the dead gives +1 in all styles.
- An amulet of fury gives the same bonuses as the amulet of glory in the Attack stats, but has higher bonuses in Defence, Strength, and Prayer.
- The amulet of torture gives +15 to all melee attack bonuses.
- A Warrior ring gives an equipment bonus of +4 to just the slash Attack bonus.
- Any gloves received as a reward from the Culinaromancer's Chest as a reward from the Recipe for Disaster quest gives substantial attack bonuses in stab, slash and crush; the more expensive, the better the bonuses.
- "Bronze" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +2 in each melee style.
- "Iron" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +3 in each melee style.
- "Steel" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +4 in each melee style.
- "Black" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +5 in each melee style.
- "Mithril" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +6 in each melee style.
- "Adamantite" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +7 in each melee style.
- "Rune" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +8 in each melee style.
- "Dragon" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +9 in each melee style.
- "Barrows" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +12 in each melee style.
- The Ferocious gloves give +16 to all melee attack styles.
Levels[edit | edit source]
In order to wield weapons, a certain Attack level requirement must be met. Commonly used items and their corresponding level requirements are as follows:
Temporary boosts[edit | edit source]
|Attack cape||1||Visible||Activating the cape's effect will increase the corresponding skill by 1.|
|±0-5||Visible||Depending on type of stew, any skill can be boosted or reduced by 0 to 5 levels randomly.|
|Kebab||1-3||Visible||4% chance to do so. Available to free-to-play players.|
|Poison chalice||1, 4||Visible||Has a variety of beneficial and disastrous effects.|
|Cup of tea||2||Visible||Restores 3 Hitpoints. Up to 5 doses can be stored in a tea flask.|
|Jangerberries||2||Visible||Also increase Strength by 1, restore 1 prayer point and reduce Defence by 1.|
|Bandit's brew||2||Visible||Heals 1, boosts Thieving by 1, but drains Strength and Defence points by floor(level * 0.06) + 3.|
|Attack potion||3-12||Visible||Boosts Attack by .|
Allows a player to hit more often with Melee attacks.
|Combat potion||3-12||Visible||Boosts Attack and Strength by .|
Provides the boosts of a normal attack and strength potion in one potion.
|Ruby harvest (item)||4-18||Visible||Boosts Attack by .|
Must be used on another player. Boost affects the player it is used on.
Acquired from the Hunting skill.
|Blood pint||5||Visible||Also raises Strength by 5, but decreases Magic and Prayer points by 5.|
|Super attack||5-19||Visible||Boosts Attack by .|
Allows a player to hit more often with melee attacks.
|Divine super attack potion||5-19||Visible||Acts as a super attack potion.|
Natural stat draining for Attack is disabled for 5 minutes, meaning the player's Attack will stay fully boosted.
After the 5 minutes are over, Attack level will be restored to its base level.
|Super combat potion||5-19||Visible||Acts as a super attack, super strength, and super defence potion in one dose.|
|Divine super combat potion||5-19||Visible||Acts as a super combat potion.|
Natural stat draining for Attack, Strength, and Defence is disabled for 5 minutes, meaning the player's combat stats will stay fully boosted.
After the 5 minutes are over, affected stats will be restored to their base level.
|Zamorak brew||2-21||Visible||Boosts Attack by and strength by .|
Reduces Defence by and Hitpoints by .
|Bandages (Theatre of Blood)||5-19||Visible||Acts like a super combat, ranging, stamina and prayer potion, boosts Magic using the same formula as Ranged, and heals 20 hitpoints.|
|Overload||5-19||Visible||Boosts combat stats by (excluding Hitpoints and Prayer).|
The boost is reapplied every 15 seconds for 5 minutes. Also damages the player for 50 Hitpoints.
(This lost health is refunded after the overload ends.)
Only usable within the Nightmare Zone or within the Chambers of Xeric
Quests[edit | edit source]
Quests requiring Attack[edit | edit source]
|Other skill requirements|
|Another Slice of H.A.M.||15||25|
|A Taste of Hope||40||48 , 45 , 40 , 38|
|Sins of the Father||50||62 , 56 , 52 , 60 , 50 , 49|
Quests rewarding Attack experience[edit | edit source]
|Other skill requirements|
|In Search of the Myreque||600||-||25|
|Fairytale I - Growing Pains||2,000||-||-|
|In Aid of the Myreque||2,000||-||25 , 15 , 7|
|Tai Bwo Wannai Trio||2,500||-||15 , 30 , 5|
|The Fremennik Trials||2,812||-||25 , 40 , 40 if crafting your own lyre|
|Heroes' Quest||3,075||-||55 , 53 , 53 , 25 , 50|
|Tree Gnome Village||11,450||-||-|
|The Grand Tree||18,400||-||25|
|Camelot training room
|20,000||-||45 , 65|
Skill choice[edit | edit source]
Upon completing any of the following quests, players may choose to allocate experience to Attack. These rewards usually come in the form of items, such as lamps or books, and are independent of any experience rewards directly received for completing the quest.
|Skills available||Skill requirements|
|X Marks the Spot||300||Any||-|
|Client of Kourend||500 twice||Any||-|
|Fairytale II - Cure a Queen||2,500||Any skill above 30||49 , 57|
|A Tail of Two Cats||2,500 twice||Any skill above 30||-|
|The Great Brain Robbery||5,000||Any skill above 30||16 , 30 , 50|
|King's Ransom||5,000||Any skill above 50||65|
|Darkness of Hallowvale||2,000 three times||Any skill above 30||5 , 20 , 22 , 32 , 33 , 40|
|A Taste of Hope||2,500||Any skill above 35||48 , 45 , 40 , 40 , 38|
|A Kingdom Divided||10,000||Any skill above 40|| 54 , 52 , 52 , 50 , 42 ,|
38 , 35
|10,000||Any skill above 40||-|
|Curse of the Empty Lord
|10,000||Any skill above 50||Some players will need 31|
|Shadow of the Storm||10,000||30|
|The Fremennik Isles||10,000 twice||20 , 40|
|One Small Favour||10,000 twice||Any skill above 30||36 , 25 , 18 , 30|
|Recipe for Disaster
(Defeating the Culinaromancer)
|20,000||Any skill above 50||175 , 48 , 50 , 53 , 53 , 25 , 59 , 40 , 50 , 40 , 40 , 10 , 10 , 36|
|Legends' Quest||7,650 four times||107 , 50 , 50 , 45 , 56 , 52 , 42 , 50 , 50 , 50 , 50|
|Monkey Madness I||35,000 or 20,000||or||-|
|Dragon Slayer II||25,000 four times||200 , 75 , 70 , 68 , 62 , 60 , 60 , 50 , 50|
|Monkey Madness II||50,000 twice||69 , 70 , 60 , 55 , 55 , 60|
|Total||406,900 or 391,900|
- The two skills chosen will receive 35,000 experience, and the other two will receive 20,000 experience.