|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Also known as||Att, Atk|
as of 1 July 2019 - update
as of 1 July 2019 - update
Fighting accurately[edit | edit source]
Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
Some weapons give players Attack bonuses when using certain attack types. These bonuses are noted in the Equipment Stats section of the equipment menu. Attack bonuses give players advantages as well as disadvantages in melee combat, based on their target's strengths and weaknesses.
|Attack type||Suitable weapons|
|Stab||Daggers, swords, longswords, and pickaxes.|
|Slash||Swords, longswords, axes, scimitars, battleaxes, and two-handed swords.|
|Crush||Maces, battleaxes, warhammers, pickaxes, axes, and two-handed swords.|
Other Attack bonuses[edit | edit source]
- An amulet of accuracy gives an equipment bonus of +4 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of power gives an equipment bonus of +6 to the stab, slash, and crush Attack types.
- An amulet of glory gives an equipment bonus of +10 to the stab, slash and crush Attack types.
- The beads of the dead gives +1 in all styles.
- An amulet of fury gives the same bonuses as the amulet of glory in the Attack stats, but has higher bonuses in Defence, Strength, and Prayer.
- The amulet of torture gives +15 to all melee attack bonuses.
- A Warrior ring gives an equipment bonus of +4 to just the slash Attack bonus.
- Any gloves received as a reward from the Culinaromancer's Chest as a reward from the Recipe for Disaster quest gives substantial attack bonuses in stab, slash and crush; the more expensive, the better the bonuses.
- "Bronze" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +2 in each melee style.
- "Iron" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +3 in each melee style.
- "Steel" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +4 in each melee style.
- "Black" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +5 in each melee style.
- "Mithril" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +6 in each melee style.
- "Adamantite" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +7 in each melee style.
- "Rune" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +8 in each melee style.
- "Dragon" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +9 in each melee style.
- "Barrows" gloves provide equipment bonuses of +12 in each melee style.
- The Ferocious gloves give +16 to all melee attack styles.
Levels[edit | edit source]
In order to wield weapons, a certain Attack level requirement must be met. Commonly used items and their corresponding level requirements are as follows:
Temporary boosts[edit | edit source]
|Attack cape||1||Visible||Activating the cape's effect will increase the corresponding skill by 1.|
|±0-5||Visible||Depending on type of stew, any skill can be boosted or reduced by 0 to 5 points randomly.|
|Kebab||1-3||Visible||4% chance to do so|
|Poison chalice||1, 4||Visible||Has a variety of beneficial and disastrous effects.|
|Attack potion||3-12||Visible||Boosts attack by |
Allows a player to hit more often with Melee attacks.
|Cup of tea||2||Visible||Restores 3 Hitpoints.|
|Ruby harvest (item)||4-18||Visible||Boosts attack by |
Must be used on another player. Boost affects the player it is used on. Acquired from the Hunting skill.
|Super attack||5-19||Visible||Boosts attack by |
Allows a player to hit more often with melee attacks.
|Zamorak brew||2-21||Visible||Boosts attack by |
Reduces Defence by
|Combat potion||3-12||Visible||Boosts attack and strength by |
Provides the boosts of a normal attack and strength potion in one potion.
|Super combat potion||5-19||Visible||Acts as a super attack, super strength, and super defence potion in one dose.|
|Overload||5-19||Visible||Boosts combat stats by |
The boost is reapplied every 15 seconds for 5 minutes. Also damages the player for 50 Hitpoints.
(This lost health is refunded after the overload ends.)
Only usable within the Nightmare Zone or within the Chambers of Xeric
Quests[edit | edit source]
Quests requiring Attack[edit | edit source]
|Other skill requirements|
|Another Slice of H.A.M.||15 Attack||25 Prayer|
|Holy Grail||20 Attack||-|
|A Taste of Hope||40 Attack||48 Crafting, 45 Agility, 40 Herblore, 38 Slayer|
Quests rewarding Attack experience[edit | edit source]
|Other skill requirements|
|In Search of the Myreque||600||-||25 Agility|
|Mountain Daughter||1,000||-||20 Agility|
|Fairytale I - Growing Pains||2,000||-||-|
|In Aid of the Myreque||2,000||-||25 Crafting, 15 Mining, 7 Magic|
|Tai Bwo Wannai Trio||2,500||-||15 Agility, 30 Cooking, 5 Fishing|
|The Fremennik Trials||2,812||-||25 Fletching, 40 Woodcutting, 40 Crafting if crafting your own lyre|
|Underground Pass||3,000||-||25 Ranged|
|Heroes' Quest||3,075||-||55 Quest, 53 Cooking, 53 Fishing, 25 Herblore, 50 Mining|
|Tree Gnome Village||11,450||-||-|
|The Grand Tree||18,400||-||25 Agility|
|Camelot training room
|20,000||-||45 Magic, 65 Defence|
Skill choice[edit | edit source]
Upon completing any of the following quests, players may choose to allocate experience to Attack. These rewards usually come in the form of items, such as lamps or books, and are independent of any experience rewards directly received for completing the quest.
|Skills available||Skill requirements|
|X Marks the Spot||300||Any||-|
|Client of Kourend||500 twice||Any||-|
|Fairytale II - Cure a Queen||2,500||Any skill above 30||49 Farming, 57 Herblore|
|A Tail of Two Cats||2,500 twice||Any skill above 30||-|
|The Great Brain Robbery||5,000||Any skill above 30||16 Crafting, 30 Construction, 50 Prayer|
|King's Ransom||5,000||Any skill above 50||65 Defence|
|Darkness of Hallowvale||2,000 three times||Any skill above 30||5 Construction, 20 Mining, 22 Thieving, 32 Crafting, 33 Magic, 40 Strength|
|A Taste of Hope||2,500||Any skill above 35||48 Crafting, 45 Agility, 40 Attack, 40 Herblore, 38 Slayer|
|10,000||Any skill above 40||-|
|Curse of the Empty Lord
|10,000||Any skill above 50||Some players will need 31 Prayer|
|Shadow of the Storm||10,000||Attack Strength Defence Magic Ranged Hitpoints||30 Crafting|
|Contact!||7,000 twice||Attack Strength Defence Magic Ranged Hitpoints||-|
|The Fremennik Isles||10,000 twice||Attack Strength Defence Hitpoints||20 Construction, 40 Agility|
|One Small Favour||10,000 twice||Any skill above 30||36 Agility, 25 Crafting, 18 Herblore, 30 Smithing|
|Recipe for Disaster
(The final battle)
|20,000||Any skill above 50||175 Quest, 48 Agility, 50 Mining, 53 Fishing, 53 Thieving, 25 Herblore, 59 Magic, 40 Smithing, 50 Firemaking, 40 Ranged, 40 Crafting, 10 Fletching, 10 Slayer, 36 Woodcutting|
|Legends' Quest||7,650 four times||Attack Strength Defence Magic Hitpoints Prayer Woodcutting Crafting Smithing Herblore Agility Thieving||107 Quest, 50 Agility, 50 Crafting, 45 Herblore, 56 Magic, 52 Mining, 42 Prayer, 50 Smithing, 50 Strength, 50 Thieving, 50 Woodcutting|
|Monkey Madness I||35,000 or 20,000||Attack Defence or Strength Hitpoints||-|
|Dragon Slayer II||25,000 four times||Attack Strength Defence Magic Ranged Hitpoints||200 Quest, 75 Magic, 70 Smithing, 68 Mining, 62 Crafting, 60 Agility, 60 Thieving, 50 Construction, 50 Hitpoints|
|Monkey Madness II||50,000 twice||Attack Strength Defence Magic Ranged Hitpoints||69 Slayer, 70 Crafting, 60 Hunter, 55 Agility, 55 Thieving, 60 Firemaking|
|Total||379,400 or 394,400|
- The two skills chosen will receive 35,000 experience, and the other two will receive 20,000 experience.