Autocast is an option of many Magic weapons, primarily staves, that can be activated on the combat section of the interface. This attack option causes players to automatically cast a selected spell when they attack, as opposed to manually selecting the spell and its target each time you wish to cast it. Once autocast has been selected, a player will continue casting spells as their default attack as long as they wield the staff and have the correct amount of runes.
Selecting the option without the shield will cast magic offensively, granting Magic experience. Selecting the "shield" option will cast magic defensively, dividing the experience gained between the Defence and Magic skills.
The spells that can be autocast vary between magic weapons. No teleportation, alchemy, curses, or enchantment spells can be autocast.
Standard spells[edit | edit source]
- The Slayer staff can autocast Crumble Undead and Magic Dart.
- Iban's staff can autocast Iban Blast.
- The Void Knight mace can autocast Claws of Guthix, making it the only mace with the autocast ability.
- The Staff of the dead can autocast Flames of Zamorak.
- The Staff of light can autocast Saradomin Strike.
Ancient Magicks[edit | edit source]
The Ancient staff, Master wand, Kodai wand, and Ahrim's staff (with Ahrim the Blighted's equipment and the Amulet of the damned) can autocast the Ancient Magicks, as well as spells from the standard spellbook.