Bandit Camp Quarry
|Bandit Camp Quarry|
|Released||23 January 2006 (Update)|
|Also called||Desert Quarry|
|Location||South of the Kharidian Bandit Camp|
|Location on World Map|
|Southern Sea||←||Quarry||→||Jaldraocht Pyramid|
|Ruins of Unkah|
Here, players can create buckets of sand just west using Sandstorm, a grinding machine. Players can deposit their sandstone into the grinder; the amount of sand outputted by Sandstorm is dependent on the weight of the sandstone deposited, and can only be deposited unnoted. Once deposited, players can claim buckets of sand from Drew for 50 coins each, along with a bucket. He can store up to 25,000 buckets (banknotes accepted) for the player.
The quarry features in the Enakhra's Lament quest, as both sandstone and granite are used in the quest, which occurs next to the quarry. It is also a popular place to train Mining since it is the only place that has granite rocks, which are excellent for power-training.
Transportation[edit | edit source]
It is possible, albeit inconvenient, to walk to the quarry from Shantay Pass, due to its distance. There are at least five quicker ways to get there:
- The Camulet is the quickest way to get to the quarry. After completing Enakhra's Lament, players can use the Camulet to teleport to Enakhra's Temple, which is very close to the quarry. The temple's western exit is perhaps the most convenient for granite mining. If players have completed the hard Desert Diary, they can teleport to the entrance instead.
- Players can use a Pharaoh's sceptre to teleport to Jaldraocht Pyramid and walk to the quarry.
- Players can board Ferryman Sathwood's ferry from Al Kharid to the Ruins of Unkah, go through the eastern Shantay Pass, and walk north.
- Players can use Magic carpets to fly to the Bedabin Camp, and then walk south to reach the quarry. all other magic carpet destinations are a much farther journey.
- Players who have their houses in Pollnivneach can teleport to house and either use the magic carpets or run to the south end of the city before heading westward to the quarry.
Note that desert heat can affect players walking through the desert or staying in the quarry. (Prior to January 2007, no water was required in the quarry. This was changed most likely to reduce macros.) Desert heat can be avoided if a player has waterskins in their inventory or they are wearing an item that provides immunity to the heat, such as the Circlet of water or Desert amulet 4.
Rocks[edit | edit source]
This quarry contains 28 Granite rocks that when mined, either give a 500g, 2 kg, or 5 kg piece. This requires 45 Mining. 32 Sandstone rocks are also located here. Like granite, they give 1 kg, 2 kg, 5 kg or 10 kg pieces at random. These require 35 Mining. The only other ores here are 2 coal rocks, which require 30 Mining, and 4 clay rocks, which don't have a Mining level requirement.
Unless a player has the Desert amulet 4, for a longer stay, players should complete Enakhra's Lament, as it allows access to the fountain featured during the quest, which can be used to refill waterskins. It is also recommended to bring at least three waterskins, for a longer mining trip. For this method to work, players would either have to drop their mined ores, have their Camulet, or some other teleport to bank with.