|Also known as||• Big High War God|
• Big High Idiot
|Race||Unknown (Kal-i-kra tribe)|
|Colours||Brown, dark green, grey, teal|
Bandos, also known as the Big High War God, is the god of war. He is lesser-known by the humans of RuneScape, although he has many followers of various (typically unintelligent) races. He is highly aggressive, violent, and values obedience and glory through battle above all else. He seems indifferent to the wellbeing of his followers and does not care if large swathes of his armies are wiped out - he fights solely for the sake of battle. Most creatures that follow Bandos are strong, but stupid. The main exception to this is the goblins, who are just stupid, though they make up for their lack of strength with their large numbers. Many of his followers seem to obey him out of a sense of awe, respect, and unquestioning loyalty; others were compelled to follow him out of fear.
Bandos' followers live by four commandments, which Bandos provided them with, summarising his philosophy:
- Not to run from battle. Cowards must die!
- Not to show mercy. Merciful must die!
- Not to doubt Big High War God. Doubters must die!
- Not to make own plans. Thinkers must die!
Bandos arrived in Gielinor around the start of the God Wars. He brought with him several races to fight for him, such as the ogres, the orks, the goblins, and the ourgs. At some point, the Dorgeshuun goblin tribe grew unwilling, defected from Bandos, and hid deep beneath the earth to escape from the war and avoid his punishment. When Guthix awoke, Bandos, alongside all but one of the other major gods, was banished from Gielinor. Although banished millenia ago, the descendants of his soldiers are many and still highly devoted to their god. Bandos is almost entirely forgotten by humans, mainly because Bandosians rarely speak of their god with other races, and they rarely refer to him by name. Among the Bandosians, there is a legend of a "Chosen Commander," chosen by Bandos, that will one day lead the Bandosians to victory over the world. In Another Slice of H.A.M., the Chosen Commander is revealed to be Zanik.
Followers[edit | edit source]
Groups and races[edit | edit source]
- Goblins - Small, green humanoids; widespread around the world.
- Hobgoblins - Goblin-like creatures, but bigger, stronger, and brown-skinned.
- Orks - Big, green-skinned humanoids with tusks; very muscular and aggressive.
- Ogres - Big, fat, and strong humanoids who dominate the Feldip Hills.
- Jogres - A variant of jungle ogres adapted to tropical environments such as Karamja.
- Mogres - A variant of marine ogres adapted to the seas and oceans.
- Cyclopes - One-eyed giants hailing from the Eastern Lands.
- Ourgs - Gigantic ork-like creatures and strongest followers of Bandos. Almost extinct.
- Fayrgs & Raurgs - Presumably ogre-like or ourg-like beings. Extinct.
Notable individuals[edit | edit source]
- Chief Tess - Leader of the ogresses near Corsair Cove.
- General Bentnoze - One of the co-generals of Goblin Village.
- General Graardor - Leader of Bandos' army in the God Wars Dungeon.
- General Wartface - One of the co-generals of Goblin Village.
- Grish - Leader of the ogre shamans of Jiggig.
- Snaarldor - One of Bandos' generals during the God Wars, responsible for bringing Dawn and Dusk to life, with unexpected consequences.
Affiliated items[edit | edit source]
Items in italics do NOT provide protection against Bandos' troops in the God Wars Dungeon:
- Ancient mace
- Bandos godsword (Ornate)
- Book of war
- Bandos armour
- Bandos rune armour
- Bandos dragonhide armour
- Bandos vestment robes
- War blessing
- Bandos halo
- Guardian boots
- Goblin book
References[edit | edit source]
- The living statues, Old School RuneScape. "We were forced into fighting for the god Bandos, or as I like to call him, the Big High Idiot."