|Also known as||Big High War God |
|Race||Unknown (Kal-i-kra tribe)|
|Colours||Brown, dark green, grey, teal|
Bandos, also known as the Big High War God, is the god of war, he's one of the lesser known gods of RuneScape although he has many followers. He is highly aggressive and violent and values things such as loyalty and glory through battle above all else. He seems mostly indifferent to his followers and does not care if most of his armies are wiped out - he fights solely for the sake of battle. Many of his followers seem to obey him out of fear of punishment rather than agreeing with his values, although this is not true for all of them. He has provided his followers with four commandments to live by, reading as follows:
- Not to run from battle. Cowards must die!
- Not to show mercy. Merciful must die!
- Not to doubt Big High War God. Doubters must die!
- Not to make own plans. Thinkers must die!
Bandos arrived in Gielinor around the start of the God Wars, seeking to take part in the imminent conflict. He brought with him several races to fight for him, such as the ogres, the orks, the goblins and the ourgs. The Dorgeshuun goblin tribe did at some point grow unwilling and defected from Bandos and hid deep beneath the earth to escape from the war and avoid his punishment. When Guthix awoke, Bandos, alongside many other gods, was banished from Gielinor. Although banished millenia ago, the descendants of his soldiers are many and still highly devoted to their god, Bandos is almost forgotten by humans, mainly because Bandosians rarely speak of their god with other races, and they rarely refer to him by name. Among the Bandosians there is a legend of a "Chosen Commander", chosen by Bandos, that will someday lead the Bandosians to victory over the world. In Another Slice of H.A.M., the Chosen Commander is revealed to be Zanik.
Followers of Bandos[edit | edit source]
Groups and races[edit | edit source]
- Goblins - Small, green humanoids that lives widespread around the world.
- Hobgoblins - Goblin-like creatures, but bigger, stronger and brown-skinned.
- Orks - Big, green-skinned humanoids with tusks, very muscular and aggressive.
- Ogres - Big, fat and strong humanoids, dominating the Feldip Hills
- Jogres - A variant of ogres adapted to tropical environments such as Karamja.
- Cyclopes - One-eyed giants hailing from the Eastern Lands.
- Ourgs - Gigantic ork-like creatures and strongest followers of Bandos. Almost extinct.
Notable individuals[edit | edit source]
- Chief Tess - Leader of the ogresses near Corsair Cove.
- General Bentnoze - One of the co-generals of Goblin Village.
- General Graardor - Leader of Bandos' army in the God Wars Dungeon.
- General Wartface - One of the co-generals of Goblin Village.
- Snaarldor - One of Bandos' generals during the God Wars, was killed by Dawn and Dusk shortly after bringing them to life.
Affiliated items[edit | edit source]
- Ancient mace
- The Book of war
- Bandos godsword (Ornate)
- Bandos armour
- Bandos rune armour
- Bandos dragonhide armour
- Bandos vestment robes
- War blessing
- Guardian boots
- Goblin Book
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most creatures that follow Bandos are strong and stupid. The main exception to this is the goblins, who are just stupid, though they partially make up for their lack in strength with their large numbers.
- Bandos is sometimes referred to as the "Sky Goblin" by the goblins, even though he is not actually a goblin.
See also[edit | edit source]