|Released||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|Examine||A sturdy chestplate.|
|High alch||174,006 coins|
|Low alch||116,004 coins|
|Exchange||16,522,482 coins (info)|
The Bandos chestplate is a part of the Bandos armour set, which requires 65 Defence to wear. It is dropped by General Graardor and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon. Unlike the other body armours which provide a strength bonus, the Bandos chestplate also has substantial defensive bonuses.
Uses[edit | edit source]
It has considerably lower defensive bonuses in stab and slash defence compared to the barrows platebodies and justiciar chestguard, but the strength bonus still makes it one of the most popular choices as the extra damage dealt often results in less damage taken.
With an identical Strength bonus (albeit with lower defensive bonuses), the fighter torso is an excellent alternative to the Bandos chestplate for players who do not have access to one.
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|3 July 2014
The Bandos chestplate no longer shows bare hands when you are actually wearing gloves.
|30 January 2014
(update | poll)
The alch value of Bandos armour has been increased slightly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inventory sprite for the Bandos chestplate is missing both the shoulder spikes and the sleeve. It also resembles the male version of the chestplate more than the female version.
- A minor graphical error occurs when equipping a skillcape with the Bandos chestplate; the cape's left shoulder piece seems to merge with the chestplate's pauldron.
- The Bandos chestplate does not interfere with Ava's device.
- The Bandos chestplate does not penalise the wearer's magic attack bonus as much as a regular platebody.
- When performing the Hypermobile Drinker emote with the chestplate equipped, the player's left arm will visibly detach from their torso.