|Released||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|Examine||A sturdy chestplate.|
|High alch||174,006 coins|
|Low alch||116,004 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||19,736,579 coins (info)|
The Bandos chestplate is a part of the Bandos armour set, which requires 65 Defence to wear. It is dropped by General Graardor and his bodyguards in the God Wars Dungeon. Unlike the other body armours which provide a strength bonus, the Bandos chestplate also has substantial defensive bonuses.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Bandos armour is among the most powerful melee armours in Old School RuneScape. Because it never degrades, it is ideal for melee training, Slayer tasks, and other prolonged combat encounters. It has considerably lower defensive bonuses in stab and slash defence compared to the barrows platebodies and justiciar chestguard, but the strength bonus still makes it one of the most popular choices as often the extra damage dealt results in less damage taken.
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity General Graardor 624 1 Rare (1/384) Sergeant Grimspike 142 1 Very rare (1/16,200) Sergeant Steelwill 142 1 Very rare (1/16,200) Sergeant Strongstack 141 1 Very rare (1/16,200)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The inventory sprite for the Bandos chestplate is missing both the shoulder spikes and the sleeve. It also resembles the male version of the chestplate more than the female version.
- A minor graphical error occurs when equipping a skillcape with the Bandos chestplate; the cape's left shoulder piece seems to merge with the chestplate's pauldron.
- The Bandos chestplate does not interfere with Ava's device.
- The Bandos chestplate does not penalise the wearer's magic attack bonus as much as a regular platebody.
- When performing the Hypermobile Drinker emote with the chestplate equipped, the player's left arm will visibly detach from their torso.