Earning Honour points[edit | edit source]
There are four types of Honour points associated with each role: collector, healer, defender, and attacker. Players gain honour points at the end of each successful wave based on their performance in their role and the team's overall performance. With each successive wave, players earn more points as the difficulty increases. Upon killing the Penance Queen in the last wave, players will receive 80 Honour points in their role and 5 points to the other 3 roles.
Points calculation[edit | edit source]
Players will get 10% more points (rounded down) if they have completed the Hard Kandarin Diary. Although players may get negative points for their individual performance in your role, team points are capped at a minimum of 0 points. Total points for a wave are also capped at a minimum of 0 points.
|Points for wave 1-9|
|Defender||Runners that got past||y=-3x||Y is capped at -10|
|Attacker||Rangers killed||y=x-1||X is capped by spawns|
|Attacker||Fighters killed||y=x-1||X is capped by spawns|
|Healer||Healers killed||y=0.7x||X is capped by spawns|
|Defender||Runners killed||y=1.8x||X is capped by spawns|
|Healer||Players hitpoints replenished||y=x/18||Y is capped at 28|
|Healer||Wrong poison packs used||y=-x/4||X is capped at 512|
|Collector||Eggs collected minus exploded||y=x/4.35||X is capped at 60|
|Attacker||Incorrect style attacks||y=-x+1||Y is capped at -10|
|For completing wave 10, each player gets 80 points for their role plus 5 points in each of the other 3 roles instead of the formulas above.|
Each team member gets points based on the team's performance plus points based on their own role. A player not TELLING (MOUTH icon) their partner what action to DO (EAR icon) does not incur a direct immediate penalty, but may result in penalties for the entire team due to them not knowing the right actions to perform. However, as seen in the table above, the healer and the collector do not get heavily penalised when using wrong food / collecting wrong eggs, and thus, it is advised that they do guess their calls to save time waiting for the other player to call. This is not applicable to the attacker because they are heavily penalised ( around -1 point per wrong guess ). Note that the defender does not get penalised when using wrong food; in fact, it is sometimes very useful to use wrong food in defending.
Players may spend these honour points by talking to Commander Connad, who can be found in the Barbarian Assault entrance hall, near Captain Cain. They can choose to:
- Upgrade their Barbarian Assault role levels
- It costs 200 points in a particular role to upgrade it the first time, then 300, then 400, then 500.
- Purchase specific equipment
- Gamble their points which can yield items up to a Dragon chainbody
- You can gamble low, medium or high costing 200, 400 and 500 points. However, you must have already beaten the Queen at least once in order to gamble 500 points. The low and medium gambles are not available when you are at wave 1.
- Maximum Queen kills cap is 40.
- Maximum Role points cap is 5000.
Level Upgrade[edit | edit source]
Players may upgrade the level in a particular role from Level 1 up to Level 5. By upgrading their levels, the player gains extra abilities such as extra damage, higher healing, etc. However, each upgrade requires spending a certain amount of Honour Points. A total of 1,400 Honour Points are needed to obtain a Level 5 role. 5,600 points are required to obtain Level 5 in all roles. Obtaining the maximum level in all roles is one of the requirements needed to complete the Elite Kandarin Diary.
Abilities gained by upgrading:
- Collector - increase the capacity of the Collection bag and gain the ability to use the egg converter.
- Healer - increase Hitpoints healed.
- Attacker - increase damage dealt to Penance Fighters and Penance Rangers.
- Defender - increase the lure range for Penance Runners.
A summary of the level upgrades for each role may be found in the following table.
|1||N/A||Bag holds 2 eggs||Heals 10 hitpoints||+1 bonus damage||+4 luring range spaces|
|2||200||Bag holds 4 eggs
Conversion chance ~20%
|Heals 15 hitpoints||+2 bonus damage||+5 luring range spaces[D 1]|
|3||300||Bag holds 6 eggs
Conversion chance ~40%
|Heals 20 hitpoints||+3 bonus damage||+5 luring range spaces[D 1]|
|4||400||Bag holds 7 eggs
Conversion chance ~60%
|Heals 25 hitpoints||+4 bonus damage||+5 luring range spaces[D 1]|
|5||500||Bag holds 8 eggs
Conversion chance ~80%
|Heals 35 hitpoints||+5 bonus damage||+5 luring range spaces[D 1]|
- Note that the in-game displayed reward for the Defender role is false. Upgrading beyond level 2 does not actually improve lure range, although level 5 is still required for the Elite Kandarin Diary.
Armour[edit | edit source]
Players may also purchase Penance armour using their Honour points. Certain items require the player to kill the Penance Queen. If a player is only missing a few dozen points and will probably be able to earn them before their next Queen kill it is probably worthwhile to keep saving up. Points from all roles are required. If players have penance gear they no longer need, they can use it on Commander Connad to receive a point refund equal to 80% of the purchase price; any queen kills spent will not be refunded.
|Fighter hat||275 each role||220 each role||Yes|
|Ranger hat||275 each role||220 each role||Yes|
|Healer hat||275 each role||220 each role||Yes|
|Runner hat||275 each role||220 each role||Yes|
|Fighter torso||375 each role||300 each role||Yes|
|Penance skirt||375 each role||300 each role||Yes|
|Runner boots||100 each role||80 each role||No|
|Penance gloves||150 each role||120 each role||No|
- The total amount in points for a Penance armour set (one penance hat, penance gloves, runner boots, fighter torso and Penance skirt) is 1275 points in every single one of the four different roles. For all items one would need 2100 points in every single one of the four different roles, 95,000 coins, and 7 Queen Kills.
Gambling[edit | edit source]
There are 3 methods of gambling, each with different costs:
- Low: 200 Honour Points (must be on Wave 3 or higher)
- Medium: 400 Honour Points (must be on Wave 6 or higher)
- High: 500 Honour Points + Queen kill
These Honour Points are spent from a single role of the player's choice.
The odds of getting a dragon chainbody from a high gamble are exceedingly slim. The odds of obtaining it are, as quoted from Jagex, "About the same odds as Zamorak suddenly deciding to give up his evil ways.", which, according to RuneScape lore, is nearly zero. Mod Mat K confirmed that the actual rate was 1 in 16,000.
Low Gambles[edit | edit source]
At current prices, the expected value of a low gamble is approximately 12,736.39 (63.68 per point).
|Rune med helm||1||1/32||11,094||11,520|
|Adamant sq shield||1||1/32||1,918||2,304|
Medium Gambles[edit | edit source]
At current prices, the expected value of a medium gamble is approximately 31,688.33 (79.22 per point).
|Dwarf weed seed||10–14||1/32||6,950–9,730||30–42|
|Papaya tree seed||1–2||1/32||3,964–7,928||69–138|
|Rune sq shield||1||1/32||22,542||23,040|
|Rune full helm||1||1/32||20,570||21,120|
|Mystic lava staff||1||1/32||26,137||27,000|
|Loop half of key||1||1/32||9,955||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/32||10,035||60|
High Gambles[edit | edit source]
At current prices, the expected value of a high gamble is approximately 114,308.14 (228.62 per point), excluding clue scroll rewards and pets.
|Palm tree seed||1–2||1/32||42,973–85,946||152–304|
|Dragon med helm||1||1/16,000||58,983||60,000|
Tertiary High Gamble Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/15[d 1]||Not sold||12|
|Pet penance queen||1||1/1,000||Not sold||N/A|
- The elite clue scroll drop rate increases to 1/14 with the completion of the elite combat achievements.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)