|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Teleports||Games necklace, Barbarian Teleport|
|Location on World Map|
|Tree Gnome Stronghold||←||Barbarian Outpost||→||Coal Trucks|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are five main ways of getting to the Outpost:
- Teleport to the Barbarian Outpost using a games necklace.
- Teleport to Barbarian Assault using the Grouping interface (must have completed Barbarian Assault tutorial).
- Teleport to the Barbarian Outpost by casting the Barbarian Teleport spell. This spell is on the Lunar spellbook and requires level 75 Magic and completion of Lunar Diplomacy to cast.
- Use the shortcut to the north-east of the Grand Tree in the Gnome Stronghold, which requires level 37 Agility.
- Walk north from East Ardougne.
Features[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Outpost has two main features: the Barbarian Assault minigame and the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course. Furthermore this location contains multiple willow trees and there are four spawn points for planks. Nine barbarians and several chickens can be found in the eastern fenced off area.
Barbarian Assault[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Assault minigame is a battleground established by the Barbarians to fight against Penance creatures. Players can optionally complete the tutorial by talking to Captain Cain in order to get a basic understanding of how the minigame is played.
Players must form a team of five players in order to play. Completion of each wave will reward each player with Honour points specific to the role they chose. Honour points can be used to redeem a variety of combat-based equipment, notably the fighter torso. Players can also gamble Honour points for a chance to receive the rare dragon chainbody or the pet penance queen.
Barbarian Outpost Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course requires level 35 Agility and completion of Alfred Grimhand's Barcrawl to access. This course is a lap-based obstacle course consisting of eight obstacles that players can pass in return for Agility experience. If all obstacles are passed in the correct order, some bonus experience is rewarded at the end of the lap.
With an average time of 32 seconds per lap, it is possible to get upwards of 17,000 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 11,000-14,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
The Agility Course only requires 35 Agility for entry, allowing the player to potentially enter as low as level 30 Agility with a boost from Summer Pie.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 April 2015
(update | poll)
The Barbarians at the Barbarian Outpost have switched out their dusty, old bank deposit box for a bank chest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Barbarian Outpost area is located east of Ardougne in RuneScape Classic, but it was moved when it was added to RuneScape 2.