Barbarian Outpost Agility Course
|Barbarian Outpost Agility Course|
|Released||12 December 2002 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Tree Gnome Stronghold||←||Barbarian Outpost||→||Coal Trucks|
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course is an Agility training area located in the Barbarian Outpost, available to players with level 35 Agility. Access to this course requires completion of the Alfred Grimhand's Barcrawl miniquest.
The Agility course rewards 153.3 Agility experience per completed lap. With an average time of 32 seconds per lap (49 ticks if using additional clicks for tick-perfect), it is possible to get upwards of 18,000 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 11,000-14,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course requires level 35 Agility and completion of Alfred Grimhand's Barcrawl to access. The Agility course consists of eight obstacles that players can pass in return for Agility experience. If all obstacles are passed in the correct order, some bonus experience is rewarded at the end of the lap. Some of the obstacles can be failed by the player, resulting in small amounts of damage. Failed obstacles have to be tried again before going for the next obstacle, in order to become eligible for the bonus experience at the end of the lap. Players with higher Agility have a higher success rate at passing the obstacles, with players unable to fail obstacles at level 93.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to the Barbarian Outpost using a games necklace.
- Teleport to the Barbarian Outpost by casting the Barbarian Teleport spell. This spell is on the Lunar spellbook and requires level 75 Magic and completion of Lunar Diplomacy to cast.
- Use the shortcut to the north-east of the Grand Tree in the Gnome Stronghold, which requires level 37 Agility.
- Walk north from East Ardougne.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
The course[edit | edit source]
|N/A||Course Completion Bonus||46.3|
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Due to the success rate of the obstacles, the experience rates scale with the player's Agility level. At higher levels, a player can complete a maximum of around 120 laps per hour (49 ticks per lap), resulting in about 18,400 Agility experience per hour. A tick-perfect lap without running is 58 ticks. Tick-perfect laps require manually running to specific tiles between some of the agility obstacles.
At lower Agility levels with realistic rates, expect to get around 11,000-14,000 Agility experience per hour.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Only one player may use a rope swing at any one time.
|Rooftop Agility courses|