The Barronite mace is a crush melee weapon that can be obtained within the Ruins of Camdozaal, requiring 40 Attack to wield. Its bonuses are comparable to that of a rune mace, but it provides higher melee strength and crush accuracy bonuses at the cost of a lower prayer bonus. It also has a 15% damage bonus against golems, including those within the dungeon. Unlike regular metal maces, the barronite mace offers blunt rather than spiked attack styles, which means it can only be used for crush attacks, despite having a notable stab accuracy bonus. For free-to-play and low level players, this mace is a good alternative to the rune scimitar when fighting golems thanks to its golembane effect and it is the second-best free-to-play weapon in most other situations, outperforming the rune sword in both strength and attack bonus.
When lost in a PvM death below level 20 of the Wilderness, the mace goes to the gravestone and does not require repair. Above level 20 Wilderness, it will be converted to coins and placed in the gravestone. In a PvP death below level 20 of the Wilderness, the mace will be broken and will require 10,500 coins fee to be repaired, while the killer will receive 10,500 coins as additional loot. Above level 20 Wilderness, the mace will be converted to coins and left as loot for the killer.
The mace can be crafted by handing 3 pieces of the mace to Ramarno along with 1,500 barronite shards. Note that the shards already stored in the Sacred Forge shop will not count towards these 1,500; one would have to Empty the forge to get the shards back. The required pieces include:
The mace can be exchanged for 500 Barronite shards by showing it to Ramarno.
The mace can be crafted by handing the mace pieces to Ramarno along with 1,500 barronite shards.
|16 March 2022
The locked Barronite mace's value decreased from 25600 to 10499.
|28 April 2021
- The mace's strength bonus was increased from 36 to 40.
- The mace's damage bonus against golembane NPCs has been increased from 10% to 15%.
- The mace can now be exchanged to Ramarno for 500 Barronite shards.
- Despite one of the components of the mace being called a "guard," it is actually a pommel, as the guard offers no hand protection and is not where the mace is gripped; instead, the player grips the mace's handle rather than the barronite guard itself.
- The barronite mace's value, of 10,500, is less than half of its three components combined value of 25,596.
- Despite being a mace, the wielding sound and the set of attacks of the barronite mace match warhammers. As a result, this weapon does not have a controlled stab attack similarly to the obsidian mace. However, unlike the other mace with a switched attack set, barronite mace does have a positive stab accuracy bonus.