Barronite shards are collected throughout the Ruins of Camdozaal, below the Ice Mountain. They are the fuel for the Sacred Forge and are thus currency for Ramarno's Shard Exchange, which has several different buffs that apply when performing actions inside the ruins.
Four to six shards are gained per mining action, which can also occasionally yield a barronite deposit that can be crushed on the anvil near Ramarno for more shards.
Barronite shards can also be stored in the Sacred Forge, either directly or by using the shards on Ramarno. While stored in the forge, the shards can be used as fuel to gain entrance to the Camdozaal Vault or spent in Ramarno's Shard Exchange. Upon entering the Camdozaal Vault, 750 Barronite shards are deducted from the Sacred Forge.
A barronite mace can be crafted by handing a barronite guard, a barronite head, a barronite handle, and 1,500 Barronite shards to Ramarno. Shards stored in the Sacred Forge will not count towards this.
Players can use a broken Imcando hammer on Ramarno to repair it at a cost of 1,250 Barronite shards. As with the mace, shards already stored in the Sacred Forge will not count towards this.
Buying all 5 permanent buffs from Ramarno's Shard Exchange, crafting one barronite mace, and repairing one Imcando hammer requires 15,750 Barronite shards.
- ^ There is a ~92.3% chance to give 6 - 8 shards, and ~5% chance to give 15-35 shards, although this is influenced by the charms one has activated. It is possible to receive ancient relics, a barronite head, or a broken imcando hammer instead.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
|16 April 2021
- Mining experience gained from obtaining Barronite shards increased from 12 to 16.
- The chance of successfully mining Barronite at high Mining levels has been decreased, but the chance at low Mining levels has been increased.
- The extra chance of success afforded by the Charm of Mining has been increased from 5% to 10%.
|15 April 2021
- Mining experience gained from obtaining Barronite shards reduced to 12 from 25.
- The Charm of Mining now gives an extra 5% chance of success when mining, rather than 5% additional deposits.