Basilisk Knights are a slayer creature that can be found in the Jormungand's Prison beneath the Island of Stone, requiring level 60 Slayer and completion of The Fremennik Exiles to kill. Like cockatrice and basilisks, players must equip a mirror shield or V's shield when fighting these monsters or they will take heavy damage and their stats will be drained.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Level 60 to deal damage against the Basilisk Knights.
- Completion of The Fremennik Exiles to access Jormungand's Prison on the Island of Stone.
Recommendations[edit | edit source]
- High combat stats. Although not required, see the skill levels below for an indication of the advised stats:
Getting there[edit | edit source]
While in Rellekka, run north-west to the most western dock. Talk to Haskell to travel to the Island of Stone. On this island, walk north to find the entrance to Jormungand's Prison. In this dungeon, walk south-west to find the Basilisk Knights.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Attack styles[edit | edit source]
- The Basilisk Knights' standard attacks alternate between the Magic and Melee style, with an attack speed of 2.4 seconds and a maximum hit of 20.
- Even if standing outside of melee distance, it is recommended to enable Protect from Magic to prevent taking damage from the Basilisk Knights' magic attacks.
- With random intervals, the Basilisk Knights also use their special attack. This attack looks like a red orb, which can be dodged by the player. If not dodged correctly, it entombs the player in stone, preventing the player to move or attack for 5 game ticks (3 seconds). If you're attacking with auto-retaliate off it will also deal high damage if the player does not try to move. You will see the message "you have been entombed in stone" and afterwards "the stone around you violently explodes". Having auto-retaliate on prevents you from receiving this damage without moving your character out of place. You will see the messages "you feel the stone break slightly as you try to move" followed by the message "you manage to escape from the stone".
Piercing gaze[edit | edit source]
Like regular basilisks, Basilisk Knights have a piercing gaze ability. This ability makes them capable of dealing high damage and rapidly draining the player's stats. However, wielding the mirror shield or V's shield gives the player immunity to this ability.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Improved droprates on Slayer tasks[edit | edit source]
The drop rate of a basilisk jaw is increased to 1/1,000 (from 1/5,000) while on a basilisk Slayer task. Therefore it is highly recommended to kill the Basilisk Knights while on a Slayer task, if possible.
Ranging[edit | edit source]
A possible strategy for ironmen and those looking to conserve prayer potions is to wear proselyte armour while killing basilisk on slayer task. With a high range level and slayer helm (i) hits are still reasonably accurate while giving a massively increased prayer bonus compared to black d'hide or god d'hide. This is possible because, unusually for a platebody, the proselyte hauberk does not interfere with Ava's devices.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
This is the best-in-slot available equipment for meleeing the Basilisk Knights. The set up shown in this section currently costs approximately 1,081,786,200 coins. See the table below for an overview of equipment alternatives in case this setup is not accessible or too expensive.
Equipment upgrades and downgrades[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
This is the best-in-slot available equipment for ranging the Basilisk Knights. The set up shown in this section currently costs approximately 109,270,095 coins, plus the cost of throwing knives. See the table below for an overview of equipment alternatives in case this setup is not accessible or too expensive.
Ranging is generally faster and safer than melee, as you can range them in multiple locations behind the stalagmites. If ranging, it is recommended to bring runes to cast Telekinetic Grab to pickup drops while you still hold aggression after arriving.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Use Rapid heal prayer to offset the damage taken from the divine potions
- Stand at least two tiles from the Basilisk Knights when attacking through the stalagmites.
- Flick the Rigour or Eagle Eye prayer if proficient enough, or leave them on and restore prayer points with the Super restores.
- Replace the Teleport to house (tablet) with a Construction cape, Crafting cape or Max cape.