|Released||26 September 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||Even phoenix tears won't help here.|
|Max hit||28 (normal)|
40+ (special attack)
|Attack style||Magic, Melee|
|Slayer XP||5,590 xp|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
The Basilisk Sentinel is a superior variant of a Basilisk Knight. It has a chance of spawning when a basilisk knight is killed if the player has purchased the unlock Bigger and Badder for 150 Slayer reward points from any Slayer master.
Along with its magic and melee attacks, it has a special attack in which they shoot a pale-red coloured orb at the tile the player is currently standing on; if players do not move, this will encase them in stone, preventing players from attacking for a few seconds. This can be avoided while the orb is in flight by moving one square away, or by spam-clicking away to break free, similar to the fight against The Jormungand. Having Auto Retaliate on makes the player automatically break free from the special attack if hit. The special attack seems to have a cooldown of ~30 seconds, beginning with their first attack. They may not immediately use it when it's off cooldown, however.
Drops[edit | edit source]
In addition to 100% drops and tertiary drops, superior slayer monsters will always roll 3 additional items, of which only 1 roll may be from the superior unique table. The other rolls are performed on the regular counterpart's table; their displayed drop chances represent a single roll.
Drop rates estimated based on 348,500 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Basilisk Sentinel kill is worth 71,967.54.
The average Basilisk Sentinel kill while on a Konar task is worth 74,282.2.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Rune med helm||1||1/52||11,070||11,520|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 3/52 chance of rolling the useful herb drop table.
|Grimy avantoe||1 (noted)||1/55.47||2,343||10|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1 (noted)||1/69.33||6,369||18|
|Grimy snapdragon||1 (noted)||1/69.33||8,155||12|
|Grimy torstol||1 (noted)||1/92.44||8,998||15|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Adamantite ore||1–2 (noted)||1/52||915–1,830||240–480|
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 8/52 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Nothing||N/A||1/13.02; Never[d 1]||N/A||N/A|
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/26; 1/13.2[d 2]||412||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/52; 1/26.41[d 2]||657||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/104; 1/52.81[d 2]||1,253||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/277.33; 1/140.83[d 2]||483||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/416; 1/211.25[d 2]||2,645||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/832; 1/422.5[d 2]||10,861||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/832; 1/422.5[d 2]||11,146||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/832; 1/422.5[d 2]||810||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/13,312; 1/792.19[d 2][d 3]||11,916||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/26,624; 1/1,584.38[d 2][d 3]||65,333||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/35,498.67; 1/2,112.5[d 2][d 3]||37,251||37,440|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Basilisk bone||1||1/4[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Brimstone key||1||1/40[d 2]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||10/192||Not sold||12|
|Mystic hat (light)||1||1/256||8,588||9,000|
|Basilisk head||1||1/1,000||Not sold||2,400|
|Long bone||1||1/400||Not sold||3|
|Basilisk jaw||1||1/1,000[d 3]||18,896,614||300,000|
|Curved bone||1||1/5,012.5||Not sold||4|
- Basilisk bones are only dropped during Rag and Bone Man II.
- Brimstone keys are dropped if killed on a Slayer task given by Konar quo Maten.
- The drop rate of a basilisk jaw is increased from 1/5,000 to 1/1,000 while on a basilisk Slayer task, since basilisk sentinels can only be encountered on a task, their effective drop rate is 1/1,000.
Superior Slayer tertiary[edit | edit source]
The chance to spawn a superior creature is 1/200.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|2 October 2019
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine message is a reference to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The only antidote to the venom of the basilisk was the tears of a phoenix.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Update: Superior Slayer Encounters. (Archived from the original on 6 Apr 2019.) “Superior slayer encounters also offer a 100% drop rate for totem pieces (when killed within the Catacombs of Kourend), 100% ensouled head drop rate and a 10x higher clue scroll drop rate.”*
- Jagex. Mod Ed's Twitter account. 22 November 2019. (Archived from the original on 22 November 2019.) Mod Ed: "Fancy one of those swanky Neitiznot Faceguards? Here are the drop rates for the Basilisk Knights."