Battle of Plain of Mud
|Battle of Plain of Mud|
|Date||Mid Fourth Age|
|Outcome||Goblins stop battling other tribes|
|Thorobshuun, Garagorshuun, Rekeshuun, Drogokishuun, Huzamogaarb, Saragorgak, Ekeleshuun, Idithuun, Narogoshuun, Horogothgar, Yurkolgokh|
|Respective leaders of the tribes|
|Huge amount of goblins all over the Gilenor|
The Battle of Plain of Mud was a major battle in mid Fourth Age, held between the eleven Goblin tribes: Thorobshuun, Garagorshuun, Rekeshuun, Drogokishuun, Huzamogaarb, Saragorgak, Ekeleshuun, Idithuun, Narogoshuun, Horogothgar, Yurkolgokh (minus the Dorgeshuun, who had established a hidden city deep underground centuries before.) The battle was a turning point in goblin history, now remembered by goblins far and wide as the turn of the new Goblin century.
Tensions started among the goblins after the God Wars when their god Bandos was banished from Gilenor, leaving the eleven goblin tribes on their own. Without Bandos and other gods, goblins didn't have enough to eat. They first tried to fight humans, but they were not interested in fighting and built walls to defend themselves against attacks. This led goblins to attack each other over food. The conflicts culminated in one large battle between the eleven tribes. The battle lasted for many days, causing a large number of casualties.
Then Hopespear of the Narogoshuun tribe had a vision by Bandos, who told him that goblins are very mighty fighters, but they must stop the battle, otherwise no goblin will be left to live. Bandos told that goblins must find someone to battle, but it must not be other goblins. He also told Hopespear that he would soon send the goblins a commander, who would lead them to glory.
After Hopespear told about his vision to his general, all of the remaining goblin generals agreed to end the battle. Hopespear's vision was written down in a Goblin Book, and a temple was built in the place where Battle of Plain of Mud took place.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The RuneScape 3 quest, the Land of the Goblins, confirms the location of the final battle and the Goblin Temple to be the Goblin cave near Hemenster. While portions of the Land of the Goblins quest are present in the 2007 archive, the quest has not been released in Old School Runescape.
References[edit | edit source]
- Goblin scribe, Old School RuneScape. "But General Bloodfist of the Dorgeshuun refused to fight in this battle. Instead he commanded the Dorgeshuun army to march down into a fissure in the ground. General Bloodfist stood at the mouth of the fissure and defied the might of the evil god."
- Zanik, "The Lost Tribe", Old School RuneScape. "We've been cut off from other goblins for generations"
- Goblin book, page 8, Old School RuneScape. "Then all gods leave world, leave their armies behind. ... But now goblins not have enough to eat, and have no commanders to tell them who to fight."
- Goblin book, page 8, Old School RuneScape. "But tall people build cities with walls, they not want to fight."
- Goblin book, page 8-9, Old School RuneScape. "But now goblins not have enough to eat, and have no commanders to tell them who to fight. So goblin tribes fight one another. At last all goblin tribes have big battle on plain of mud."
- Goblin book, page 9, Old School RuneScape. "Battle last many days and many goblins die, battle is glorious! But goblin corpses cover the ground and it look like all die."
- Goblin book, page 9-10, Old School RuneScape. "Then Hopespear of the Narogoshunn tribe have vision of Big High War God."
- Goblin book, page 10, Old School RuneScape. "This is the word of Big High War God: Battle is indeed glorious and goblins are soldiers but if there too much battle all goblins die! No more must goblin fight against goblin or tribe against tribe"
- Goblin book, page 10-11, Old School RuneScape. "Goblins must find other enemies to fight, but not fight each other!"
- Goblin book, page 11, Old School RuneScape. "but someday I will send a new Commander to lead you. Under new Commander goblins will conquer all of Gielinor, every race and every god!"
- Goblin book, page 12, Old School RuneScape. "So leaders of tribes stop battle."
- Goblin book, page 12, Old School RuneScape. "And on plain of mud all tribes build temple to Big High War God and offer sacrifices."
|Battles in Misthalin|
|Battles in Asgarnia|
|Battles in Kandarin and the Fremennik Province|
|Battles in Morytania|
|Battles in Forinthry and the Wilderness|
|Battles in the Kharidian Desert|
|Battles in Tirannwn|
|Battles in Kourend|