|Released||5 November 2015 (Update)|
|Examine||Looks like it's gotten through a lot of wood.|
The beaver is a members-only skilling pet that can be obtained while training Woodcutting. A strange sound is heard when you obtain the beaver while Woodcutting. The chances of getting it are dependent on the player's Woodcutting level, and the time it takes to gather a resource. Chopping ent trunks and bruma roots will not give players a chance to receive this pet.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed. However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. This message also occurs if there is one last inventory space while the player already has a pet following them, in which case the pet will appear in the inventory instead and the resource dropped to the ground.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely. It can then be reclaimed from Probita in East Ardougne for a reclaim token, which costs 1,000,000 coins.
Drop rates[edit | edit source]
Shown below are the base chances of receiving a beaver.
A player's actual chances of receiving it is 1 in B - (Lvl × 25), where B is the base chance and Lvl is the player's Woodcutting level.
The fastest method on average to receive the beaver is by cutting teak trees, as their ratio of cutting speed to pet chance is by far the highest. This can be made even faster through tick manipulation.
|Tree||Base chance (B)|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The beaver pet is a slightly modified version of the beaver summoning familiar from RuneScape, with the yellow spots removed.
- It is currently the only skilling pet without an option to change its appearance.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 26 August 2018. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Yes, though skilling features will aim to avoid that by putting a new pet in your inventory ahead of whatever skilling resource you were about to be given."
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 11 January 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod John C: "Skill Pet Drop Rates part 3 - Beaver! "
- Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 9 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Maz: "Beaver Pet from Sulliuscep woodcutting: "
- Jagex. Mod John C's Twitter account. 10 June 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod John C: "Beaver base drop rate from redwoods: 1 in 72,321 (-wc level * 25)"