Beekeeper (Random Event)
The Beekeeper is a random event in which the Bee keeper teleports players to a field of beehives and requests help to repair a broken beehive. Players have to assemble the beehive from its four main parts by dragging them into their places marked in the centre of the screen. After all the pieces are placed, they have to click the 'build' button at the bottom of the screen to finally assemble the hive. The player is allowed six attempts to complete this (formerly only a few).
If the hive is successfully repaired, the player receives a reward and will be returned to their original location. If they fail, however, a cutscene plays in which the bees escape from their hive and start attacking the player, and Beekeeper teleports the player back to their original location with no rewards or losses.
The event can be left before completion by talking with the beekeeper, this however grants no rewards.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Beekeeper's hat||1||Common||Not sold||0|
|Beekeeper's top||1||Common||Not sold||0|
|Beekeeper's legs||1||Common||Not sold||0|
|Beekeeper's gloves||1||Common||Not sold||0|
|Beekeeper's boots||1||Common||Not sold||0|
Changes[edit | edit source]
Failing the Beekeeper will no longer take the player next to a river, drained of run energy.
|18 November 2020
Beekeeper outfit added to the event rewards.
|30 September 2020
Interface made more user friendly and re-enabled on mobile.
|8 November 2018
The random event can now be left early by talking to the NPC. In addition, the random event was removed from mobile.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This random event is available to free-to-play and members, despite the NPC being members-only.
- Because flax is members only, free-to-play players will instead receive coins equivalent to the current Grand Exchange price of the items.
- In a prior version of Old School RuneScape, upon failure, the player ran away from their original location, to a location near a river to escape the bees, which drained the player's run energy.
- Prior to the Grand Exchange being released in Runescape 2, flax had notable value. The standard going rate was 100,000 coins per 1,000 flax. This means that receiving 1-27 flax would have had the same value that receiving a random gem does in OSRS.
- Before the 30 September 2020 update to this event, players needed to click on each piece of the bee house and use the arrow keys to move it to the appropriate position. This was very difficult to do, however, as the bee house pieces often spawned on top of each other and the proper position was often pinpoint accurate, resulting in failure if the player was even slightly off in their positioning.
|Jekyll and Hyde|
|Kiss the frog|