Items required: Ring of charos (a) or 2 coins.
Note: The Dwarven Boatman will take you quickly to northern Keldagrim and back.
Items required: Any pickaxe, weapon to kill a scorpion.
- Go to the Ice Mountain entrance of the Dwarven Mine and talk to Rolad in the east house (chat will disengage once then re-engage).
- Go down the trapdoor to the Dwarven Mine. Complete the following to receive pages:
- Talk to Rolad. (chat will again disengage then re-engage)
- Read Dwarven lore in its entirety.
Note: Buy an Ammo mould from Nulodion in the western building if you need one before leaving.
Items required: Ammo mould, 1 gold bar.
- Go back to the Keldagrim mines and talk to Dondakan.
- Use a gold bar on him.
- Go to any furnace and use a gold bar on the furnace to make a golden cannon ball.
- Use the golden cannon ball on Dondakan to receive a Schematic.
The gold helmet and schematics[edit | edit source]
Items required: Schematic, 3 gold bars, hammer.
Items required: Gold helmet, Schematic, Schematics, Base schematics.
Items required: Gold helmet, Schematics, food, armour, your best wield-able pickaxe.
Note: At this point, you have eight minutes to finish this part of the quest. If you do not finish within eight minutes, you must restart from this step.
- Mine 5-15 Gold ore (keep them in your inventory).
- Go to the center of the area.
- Go through the first set of flames.
- Talk to the second set of flames.
- Kill the Arzinian Avatar (taking off the Gold helmet will teleport you back outside near Dondakan, and you will have to mine the gold ore again).
- 2 Quest Quest points
- 5,000 Defence Defence experience
- 5,000 Mining Mining experience
- 5,000 Smithing Smithing experience
- A rune pickaxe
- The ability to teleport to Dondakan's rock using a ring of wealth
- You get to keep your gold helmet and can continue using it to fire yourself into the rock to access the Arzinian Mine where there are lots of gold rocks and gold veins, and a nearby dwarf banks the player's gold ore for a charge (he keeps 20% of the ores, rounded up, or 10% of the ores if the player has the ring of charos (a)).