Between a Rock.../Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Keldagrim mines east of Rellekka, north of the Mountain Camp.|
|Description||Hidden away from the fearsome trolls and the roaming Fremennik, the dwarves delve deep beneath the mountains in search for the ore they need to support their home of Keldagrim. One dwarf in particular, however, has for years been trying to crack open a rock that seems to be impervious to any material that he's tried on it. Convinced that solving the riddle of the rock will lead him to unimaginable wealth, he has spent the later part of his life on just this lump of stone. Help him out, but take care you don't end up in a tight spot!|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
The rock[edit | edit source]
- Find the Dwarven Ferryman. Either enter the tunnel and subsequent cave just west of the Polar Hunter area (fairy ring DKS) OR go to northern part of Keldagrim and use the Travel option on the Dwarven Boatman.
- Talk to the Dwarven Ferryman (not the Dwarven Boatman) and use the ring of charos (a) or use the Travel option to go across the river.
- Run north and east across the bridge and west past the second wooden bridge to talk to Dondakan.
- Go to western Keldagrim and talk to the Dwarven Engineer in the Trading Consortium's palace smithing shop.
- Note: The Dwarven Boatman (near the Dwarven Ferryman) will take you quickly to northern Keldagrim and back.
Finding the pages[edit | edit source]
Items required: Any pickaxe, weapon to kill a scorpion.
- Go to the Ice Mountain entrance of the Dwarven Mine and talk to Rolad in the east house (chat will disengage once then re-engage).
- (Optional) Purchase the ammo mould from Nulodion here
- Go down the trapdoor to the Dwarven Mine. Complete the following in any order until you receive the respective pages:
- Talk to Rolad. (chat will again disengage then re-engage)
- Read Dwarven lore in its entirety.
The golden cannonball[edit | edit source]
The gold helmet and schematics[edit | edit source]
- Read the Dwarven lore book to receive the base schematics.
- Go back to the Dwarf Engineer at the Western Trade Consortium to get the Schematics.
- Use your gold bar on the nearby anvil to make a gold helmet.
Completing the schematics[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Camelot Teleport
Final battle[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: 15 total free inventory spaces.
Note: At this point, you have eight minutes to finish this part of the quest. If you do not finish within eight minutes, you must restart from this step. Do not remove the Gold helmet or you will be teleported outside and have to restart.
- Mine 6 OR 15 Gold ore (keep them in your inventory. If you aren't going to get 15, just get 6 as there is no benefit before 15). Getting 15 reduces the boss's level from 125 to 75, so this is recommended for lower-level players.
- Go to the centre of the area.
- Go through the first set of flames.
- Talk to the second set of flames.
- Kill the Arzinian Avatar. It will be either Arzinian Avatar of Magic (if your highest combat stat is a melee stat), Arzinian Avatar of Ranging (if your highest combat stat is Magic), or Arzinian Avatar of Strength (if your highest combat stat is Ranged). Choose combat equipment and prayers accordingly. See Arzinian Avatar for more details.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Dondakan.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 5,000 Defence experience
- 5,000 Mining experience
- 5,000 Smithing experience
- A rune pickaxe
- The ability to teleport to Dondakan's rock using a ring of wealth
- You get to keep your gold helmet and can continue using it to fire yourself into the rock to access the Arzinian Mine where there are lots of gold rocks and gold veins, and a nearby dwarf banks the player's gold ore for a charge (he keeps 20% of the ores, rounded up, or 10% of the ores if the player has the ring of charos (a)).