Items required: Gas mask
- To begin speak to Elena in East Ardougne (directly west of shortcut log).
- Cross the river using the bridge just east of the castle or using the log balance (requires 33 Agility) and speak to Jerico in the house south of the northern Ardougne bank.
- Search the cupboard to obtain bird feed.
- Grab a pigeon cage from the backyard (note: if you are planning on doing One Small Favour, grab an extra 5 pigeon cages).
- Go west to the small watchtower along the wall, in front of the gates to West Ardougne.
- Stand in the corner where the two spiked fences meet.
- Use bird feed on the watchtower fence.
- Click the pigeon cage in your inventory.
- Equip your gas mask.
- Run south from the watchtower and speak to Omart. After a slight delay, you will arrive in West Ardougne.
Infiltrating the Mourner Headquarters[edit | edit source]
Items required: None Recommended: Skills necklace(6) (teleport to Fishing Guild) OR Ardougne teleport to quickly return to Elena.
Mourner HQ is due north-east of West Ardougne.
- Head around the headquarters to the northeastern area with the vat and mangle.
- Squeeze through the fence into the backyard.
- Pick up the rotten apple.
- Use the rotten apple on the cauldron. DO NOT EAT IT!
- Go back through the fence.
Items required: Falador Teleport or amulet of glory (optional)
- Go to the Chemist in south-western Rimmington (you can take a ship from Captain Barnaby at the Ardougne Dock directly to Rimmington for 30gp)
- Speak to the Chemist
- Note: Choose carefully as the wrong choice will destroy the plague sample!
He will give you the touch paper.
Items required: Liquid honey, ethenea, sulphuric broline, and the plague sample.
- You will find Chancy, Da Vinci and Hops around a fire outside the Chemist's house.
- Give Chancy the Liquid honey.
- Give Da Vinci the Ethenea.
- Give Hops the Sulphuric broline.
- If you happen to give the wrong item to one of the henchmen you must then give the rest of them an item and talk to each one of them in Varrock before being able to give them the correct items again.
Items required: 12 coins or a priest gown top and bottom, the plague sample and touch paper.
- Teleport to Varrock (or Cooks' Guild).
- Travel to the fenced area to the south-east of the bank (south-eastern Varrock). The guard will search you, but you will be able to pass freely with the plague sample and touch paper in your inventory.
- Speak to the Asyff the Fancy dress shop owner to get a free priest gown (top and bottom). Alternatively, purchase a priest gown (top and bottom) from the Fancy dress shop owner in the building southeast, and equip it.
- Go to the Dancing Donkey Inn.
- Talk to Hops, Da Vinci and Chancy to get the vials back. Make sure you have the free inventory space.
- DO NOT pass back through the gate or your vials will be confiscated but note your plague sample will not be! (if you do for some reason get the samples confiscated, you will have to go all the way back to Elena to get more samples and do the rest from that point all over again)
- If you must pass through the gate to retrieve the plague sample or papers, you can drop the vials at the gate, quickly run to Varrock east bank for the items, and run back to pick up the vials.
Items required: The plague sample, touch paper, a priest gown, and an Ardougne teleport (51+ Magic suggested).
Congratulations! Quest complete!