|Released||4 July 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||An inert-seeming cave horror mask.|
|High alch||1,800 coins|
|Low alch||1,200 coins|
|Exchange||1,176,352 coins (info)|
The black mask is a unique mask worn in the head slot. The mask has the same stats as a black med helm. It provides a player 16.67% Attack and Strength boost against all monsters on the player's current Slayer task. It requires 20 Strength, 10 Defence, and 40 Combat to equip.
When charged, the mask has a passive ability to lower an attacking monsters Defence by 2 + 7% rounded down, using one charge in the process. In order for the mask to activate the following requirement must be met.
- NPC must attack the player
- NPC must be within 10 tiles
- NPC must have 50% health or more.
- NPC must not have reduced defence already.
Then it rolls your magic accuracy vs the NPC's magic defence. Once the mask has been drained of all 10 charges, there is no way to recharge it; however, the Attack and Strength boosts remain.
For 1,250,000 Nightmare Zone points or 500 Soul Wars Zeal Tokens, players can imbue a black mask, making it into a black mask (i), which provides a 15% Ranged and Magic accuracy and damage boost in addition to its melee boost. Imbuing a charged black mask gives an imbued version with the same number of charges, though the imbued version loses charges similarly to the unimbued mask.
Players with 55 Crafting (boostable) and who have unlocked the "Malevolent masquerade" ability from any Slayer master for 400 Slayer reward points can combine a black mask with other items of Slayer headgear to make a Slayer helmet. Note that this causes the mask to lose all of its charges.
Players with 53 Construction can use a black mask to upgrade their player owned house's combat dummy into an Undead combat dummy and improve their hit when using the ancient mace special attack to boost prayer points.
Products[edit | edit source]
|Black mask (i)|
|Ornate undead combat dummy |
|Undead combat dummy |
|Undead combat dummy |
Item sources[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|14 April 2016
An "Uncharge" option was added.
|26 September 2013
(update | poll)
Black Masks can be imbued, giving you combat bonuses when using Magic or Ranged attacks against your assigned Slayer target, and improving their combat stats a little.
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 January 2016. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "7/6."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 09 Jun 2020. (Archived from the original on 28 Aug 2020.) Mod Ash: "If it does perform its attack, it'll use a charge. To perform it:- NPC must be within 10 tiles - NPC must have 50% health or more. - NPC must not have reduced defence already. Then it rolls your magic accuracy vs the NPC's magic defence."