|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||A mother dragon.|
|Max hit||10 (Melee)|
|Weakness||Stab, Magic, Ranged, dragonbane weapons|
|Attack style||Melee (Slash)|
|+0||+0||+0||+0%||Not immune||Not immune|
Blue dragons are the third strongest of the chromatic dragons, behind red dragons and black dragons. Like all dragons, they can breathe dragonfire, which can inflict up to 50 damage if proper protections aren't used. Dragonfire can be mitigated by equipping an anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield – alongside the usage of an antifire potion, which will completely negate dragonfire damage. On top of the strong dragonfire breath, they also attack with an accurate slash attack.
Protections from dragonfire[edit | edit source]
The following methods will provide partial protection:
- An anti-dragon shield or a dragonfire shield (permanent): offers high protection, significantly reducing dragonfire damage.
- An antifire potion (temporary): offers partial protection, resulting in damage reduction generally with resistance similar to the shield mentioned above. Occasionally, you may be 'horribly burnt by the dragon fire', receiving moderate damage.
The following methods will provide 100% protection, but each has its own pros and cons:
- An antifire potion + an anti-dragon or a dragonfire shield: temporary but saves a large amount of food considering how long each potion lasts. This method is strongly recommended as you can use prayer flicking to Protect from Melee, ultimately negating 100% of damage.
- An antifire potion or anti-dragon/dragonfire shield + Protect from Magic: not advised due to the high cost of prayer potions, this is only recommended for players with a high Prayer level. Alternatively, prayer flicking is an option. This leaves players vulnerable to melee attacks, however.
Safespotting[edit | edit source]
Alternate methods to avoid usage of potions includes the Heroes' Guild, which has a blue dragon in a fenced off area that can be safe spotted. If one has partially completed Watchtower, there are safespots in the Ogre Enclave with six dragons that spawn. Taverley Dungeon also has some safespots with the use of the columns and big eggs. In the upper level to the northwest there are some rocks you can safespot behind. Below the Myths' Guild, on the Corsair Cove Dungeon, there is multiple safespots and practically no competition from other players, as the requirements to get there are quite high.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Taverley Dungeon (9) - requires either a Dusty key or level 70 Agility (65 with Summer pie)
- 12 more can be found in the upper level; however, players can only kill them if they have a blue dragon slayer assignment. The entrance is near the north safespot where the dragons are.
- Ogre Enclave (6) - requires completion of Watchtower
- Heroes' Guild (1) - requires completion of Heroes' Quest
- Corsair Cove Dungeon (5) - requires completion of Dragon Slayer II
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 367,754 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
An average Blue dragon kill is worth 4,668.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and Armour[edit | edit source]
|Adamant full helm||1||1/128||1,875||2,112|
Runes[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
There is a 15/128 chance of rolling the herb drop table.
|Grimy guam leaf||1||1/34.1||19||7|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1||1/99.3||7,749||18|
|Grimy irit leaf||1||1/136.5||826||10|
|Grimy dwarf weed||1||1/364.1||547||14|
Coins[edit | edit source]
The overall chance of rolling a coin drop is 70/128 with an average value of 101.
Other[edit | edit source]
Gem drop table[edit | edit source]
There is a 5/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/102.4; 1/52[d 1]||532||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/204.8; 1/104[d 1]||708||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/409.6; 1/208[d 1]||1,406||60|
|Nature talisman||1||1/1,092.27; 1/554.67[d 1]||707||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/1,638.4; 1/832[d 1]||3,002||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/3,276.8; 1/1,664[d 1]||10,342||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/3,276.8; 1/1,664[d 1]||10,206||60|
|Rune javelin||5||1/3,276.8; 1/1,664[d 1]||855||1,200|
|Rune spear||1||1/52,428.8; 1/3,120[d 1][d 2]||12,016||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/104,857.6; 1/6,240[d 1][d 2]||65,793||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/139,810.13; 1/8,320[d 1][d 2]||38,093||37,440|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Ensouled dragon head||1||1/50||7,906||390|
|Brimstone key||1||1/97.8[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128||Not sold||12|
References[edit | edit source]