|Released||10 January 2019 (Update)|
|Options||Wear, Activity, Check/Uncharge, Dismantle|
|Worn options||Check, Activity, Uncharge|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to dismantle your Bonecrusher Necklace into a Hydra Tail, Dragonbone Necklace and Bonecrusher?|
|Examine||A necklace made out of dragon bones, hydra tail and a bonecrusher.|
|High alch||48,000 coins|
|Low alch||32,000 coins|
The bonecrusher necklace is a necklace that can be created by combining the bonecrusher and dragonbone necklace with a hydra tail (which can be reversed). When combined, the charges that the bonecrusher held will be added to the bonecrusher necklace. Players cannot have a bonecrusher and a bonecrusher necklace at the same time. It requires level 70 in Prayer to equip and shares the same +12 prayer bonus as the dragonbone necklace.
The necklace possesses the effects of both the bonecrusher and the dragonbone necklace, being able to automatically crush bones while restoring prayer, saving an inventory slot. As such, the necklace must be charged with ecto-tokens (25 charges per token) and the restoration effect takes effect immediately when equipped. This effect does not stack with the Catacombs of Kourend prayer restoration effect. The charge limit is 2,147,483,647, the maximum value of a 32-bit signed integer.
When unequipped, the bonecrusher necklace behaves like an ordinary bonecrusher (which includes using charges), granting Prayer experience but no regeneration.
When killed in PvP, the bonecrusher necklace and its charges are kept when protected. When unprotected, only the bonecrusher is kept with the charges, the hydra tail and dragonbone necklace are always dropped to the killer.
The amount of points restored are as follows:
- Bones restore 1 prayer point.
- Big bones and Jogre bones restore 2 prayer points.
- Baby dragon bones and Wyrm bones restore 3 prayer points.
- Dragon, Wyvern, Drake, Dagannoth and Hydra bones restore 4 prayer points.
- Superior dragon bones restore 5 prayer points.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Using the materials on each other will ask the player "Are you sure you wish to combine the Hydra Tail, Dragonbone Necklace, and the Bonecrusher to create the Bonecrusher Necklace.[sic]"
Used in recommended equipment[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 May 2021
The Bonecrusher necklace now protects with higher priority on death.
|21 April 2021
|23 January 2020
The confirmation message when dismantling now properly states the dragonbone necklace is received.
|14 January 2019
A bug where the Bonecrusher necklace couldn't be made even if you had all the parts was fixed.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Old School RuneScape's Twitter account. 14 January 2019. Archived from the original on 6 September 2021. Old School RuneScape: "10. The Lizardman Shaman Caves for Konar Slayer tasks have been replaced with a Molch area. The caves are now covered by the Lizardmen Settlement area. 11. A bug where the Bonecrusher necklace couldn't be made even if you had all the parts was fixed. 4/5"