|Released||7 February 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||It looks as though only a special key would unlock this chest.|
The Brimstone chest can be found next to Konar quo Maten on Mount Karuulm. The chest is locked and can only be opened by using a brimstone key, which is obtained from killing monsters that Konar assigns the player.
Possible loot[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The brimstone chest usually contains generic loot meant as a slight increase to the player's profits. There is also a rare chance of getting a broken dragon hasta, which can be repaired, for free, by simply showing it to Otto Godblessed (Barbarian Training in Smithing is not required for this). There's also a slim chance of obtaining pieces of the dusk mystic robe set, which come with a colour scheme similar to that of Mount Karuulm.
The average value of a drop from this table is 101,246.61.
|Uncut diamond||25–35 (noted)||1/12||65,775-92,085||3,000-4,200|
|Uncut ruby||25–35 (noted)||1/12||35,725-50,015||1,500-2,100|
|Gold ore||100–200 (noted)||1/15||17,600-35,200||9,000-18,000|
|Iron ore||350–500 (noted)||1/20||32,550-46,500||3,500-5,000|
|Rune full helm||2–4 (noted)||1/20||41,134-82,268||42,240-84,480|
|Rune platebody||1–2 (noted)||1/20||38,464-76,928||39,000-78,000|
|Rune platelegs||1–2 (noted)||1/20||37,788-75,576||38,400-76,800|
|Raw tuna[A 1]||100–350 (noted)||1/20||4,700-16,450||2,400-8,400|
|Raw lobster[A 1]||100–350 (noted)||1/20||23,300-81,550||4,200-14,700|
|Raw swordfish[A 1]||100–300 (noted)||1/20||38,000-114,000||4,800-14,400|
|Raw monkfish[A 1]||100–300 (noted)||1/20||31,200-93,600||13,800-41,400|
|Raw shark[A 1]||100–250 (noted)||1/20||61,500-153,750||10,200-25,500|
|Raw sea turtle[A 1]||80–200 (noted)||1/20||65,600-164,000||9,600-24,000|
|Raw manta ray[A 1]||80–160 (noted)||1/20||73,520-147,040||9,600-19,200|
|Runite ore||10–15 (noted)||1/30||112,370-168,555||19,200-28,800|
|Steel bar||300–500 (noted)||1/30||120,300-200,500||18,000-30,000|
|Magic logs||120–160 (noted)||1/30||117,240-156,320||23,040-30,720|
|Dragon dart tip||40–160||1/30||130,840-523,360||6,000-24,000|
|Palm tree seed||2–4||1/60||99,844-199,688||304-608|
|Dragonfruit tree seed||1–4||1/60||203,562-814,248||258-1,032|
|Redwood tree seed||1||1/60||34,043||390|
|Pure essence||3,000–6,000 (noted)||1/60||6,000-12,000||6,000-12,000|
|Broken dragon hasta||1||1/200||36,449||37,440|
|Mystic hat (dusk)||1||1/1,000||22,142||9,000|
|Mystic robe top (dusk)||1||1/1,000||153,046||72,000|
|Mystic robe bottom (dusk)||1||1/1,000||117,297||48,000|
|Mystic gloves (dusk)||1||1/1,000||25,966||6,000|
|Mystic boots (dusk)||1||1/1,000||81,136||6,000|
- The type of raw fish obtained is dependent on the player's Fishing level. The chance of rolling the fish drop is 1/20, after which the type is determined.
Changes[edit | edit source]
- For changes in the drop table contents, see here.
|14 March 2019
(update | poll)
|The brimstone chest now tracks the amount of times the player has opened it.|
|21 February 2019
|Loot obtained from the chest is now broadcasted in the chatbox to players within the vicinity.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Several items can be seen inside the brimstone chest while it is open, including piles of coins, stacks of bank notes, rubies, and vials of a yellow potion. This is of course a reference to the loot players can receive from the chest.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "It follows a curve up until level 100 then scales linearly between those 2 values upto level 350 combat. Creatures over thsi[sic] will cap at 1/50. "
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 29 April 2020.) Mod Kieren: "0.2*(CBLEVEL - 100)^2 + 100"
- The Old School Team. "Revised Post Kebos Poll Blog". 21 January 2019. Developers' Blogs. *