|Released||7 February 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||Unlocks Konar's chest found atop Mount Karuulm.|
The brimstone key is a key obtained from killing monsters while on a Slayer task given by Konar quo Maten. It is used to open the brimstone chest. The average value of a drop from the brimstone chest is 96,257.85. Upon death in the Wilderness, a brimstone key converts to two coins for the killer.
The probability of receiving a key as a drop increases with the slain monster's Combat level. For monsters with combat level 100 or higher, the probability is between and , scaling linearly and capping at level 350. Specifically, the probability for a monster with combat level is
For monsters with combat level smaller than level 100, the probability follows the curve
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|28 May 2020
|A bug causing the Brimstone key drop rate to be lower than intended for monsters with a combat level of 100 or higher was fixed.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The symbol on the key is that of Yin and yang ("阴阳"/"陰陽"), which, in Chinese philosophy, are the two "primal" elements which create, shape, and influence everything in existence and have to be kept in balance. This references the philosophy of the Kahlith and their masters, the Tasakaal, which is to maintain the balance between life and death.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 26 May 2020.) Mod Kieren: "It follows a curve up until level 100 then scales linearly between those 2 values upto level 350 combat. Creatures over thsi[sic] will cap at 1/50. "
- Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 29 April 2020.) Mod Kieren: "0.2*(CBLEVEL - 100)^2 + 100"
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 8 June 2020. (Archived from the original on 11 June 2020.)
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 June 2020. (Archived from the original on 8 June 2020.) Mod Ash: "Actually Mod Maylea & I had this fixed in the update before last - sorry it didn't make the newspost at the time."