Location of the brine rat safespot.
Brine rats are Slayer monsters that can be found in the Brine Rat Cavern near Rellekka. They are notable for being the only monsters to drop the Brine sabre. A Slayer level of 47 is required to fight them, and a spade is required to access the cavern.
They are only assigned to players who have progressed in Olaf's Quest to the point where they need to enter the Brine Rat Cavern. Alternatively, they can be killed as an alternative for a rat slayer assignment provided the player has the appropriate Slayer level to do so.
Brine rats have relatively low defence, but fairly high strength and attack. As such, it is recommended to bring food if players do not have high (~70) Defence.
- Brine rats frequently drop raw swordfish and raw sharks in addition to raw rat meat, so bringing a tinderbox and a couple of logs may be advisable. Alternatively, Olaf, outside the caverns, has a permanent fire located beside him, so players can collect the unnoted raw fish/rat meat drops and cook them on his fire if they are willing to exit and re-enter the caverns multiple times.
- Rangers and mages may attack behind the skeletons and bones lying throughout the room to safespot the rats.
- A dwarf multicannon is usable in the Brine Rat Cavern.
Drop rates estimated based on 128,958 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
- ↑ Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 28 November 2018. Mod Ash: "1/128. I actually sent that info over for use in the newspost, but I guess it wasn't newsworthy enough."