Burning of Avarrocka
|Burning of Avarrocka|
|Date||Mid-Late Fourth Age|
|Outcome||Goblin and human peace|
|People of Varrock||Goblins|
|Most of varrock city and population||Unknown|
The battle resulted in heavy losses to for the humans. There were only a handful of survivors, and almost all of city was lost. The goblins' losses are unknown.
Arrav, the mighty hero of Avarrocka, was not in the town when the battle occurred. However, upon seeing black smoke rising from behind the forest, he quickly rushed back to the town. After finding the town burned to the ground, he went to look for survivors who could avenge the city and slaughter the goblins who had destroyed the city. He found some survivors east of the city, most likely where Saranthium once stood.
Arrav gathered some men and went to take revenge on the goblins. When the men arrived at the goblin village and were ready to attack, Arrav had a sudden change of heart. Realizing that goblin and human could live in harmony, he offered peace. The goblins accepted Arrav's offer, and the two groups began to coexist peacefully. Some humans began to visit the goblins, while some goblins began to travel to the Avarrocka's market in order to trade.
An account of the battle is given in its entirety in the The Legend of Arrav.
References[edit | edit source]
- Display case 24, Old School RuneScape. "4th Age - Years 700–800"
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "As Arrav came across the fields to the south of Avarrocka he saw over the trees a column of black smoke. He hastened his pace, racing through the forests beyond which lay Avarrocka."
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "Avarrocka was burnt to the ground. A few sturdy posts still stood, though they were charred and splintered."
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "Finding the few survivors hidden in the tribe's sacred place to the east"
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "Arrav took the strongest of the men and the swiftest of the boys, and set forth west, to the land that the goblins had claimed dominion over."
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "Arrav knew that though his people had been wronged, he could not lead an attack on an enemy unaware. He had been raised with honour and pride, and he saw that it would be a slaughter more than a battle. Then, thinking hard on it, he realised that goblins and men had been killing each other needlessly for the length of history. ... 'I suggest peace, brother,' Arrav said."
- Jagex. "The Legend of Arrav." RuneScape Lores and Histories. "And so it was that men and goblins came to live in peace, with no wars ever again scarring their relationship. In my days it is not uncommon to see humans go to visit the goblins, and some few goblins come to the market to trade."
|Battles in Misthalin|
|Battles in Asgarnia|
|Battles in Kandarin and the Fremennik Province|
|Battles in Morytania|
|Battles in Forinthry and the Wilderness|
|Battles in the Kharidian Desert|
|Battles in Tirannwn|
|Battles in Kourend|