Burnt oomlie wrap
|Burnt oomlie wrap|
|Released||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|Examine||Burnt oomlie meat in a palm leaf pouch.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
Burnt oomlie wrap is the result of accidentally burning a wrapped oomlie while attempting to make a cooked oomlie wrap. The burn rate while cooking these will decrease as players reach higher Cooking levels, stopping entirely at level 40 when cooking on a range and level 44 when cooking on a fire.
Obtaining a burnt oomlie wrap[edit | edit source]
Since wrapped oomlies cannot be cooked until level 50 Cooking, burnt oomlie wraps cannot be obtained via normal means. However, one method is known through which it is possible: by making use of the chilling effect which provides a temporary skill drain.
- Go to the entrance of God Wars Dungeon or the Ice Path north of it.
- Drain Cooking to 50, or slightly above.
- Reduce Hitpoints to 1 (for example, by use of a dwarven rock cake or locator orb).
- Light a fire.
- Flick Rapid Heal to reset the regeneration timer.
- Cook a full inventory of wrapped oomlies to give the Cooking skill some time to drain below 44.
- The Cooking level continues to drop below 44 while cooking continues. All successive cooking attempts below 44 Cooking give some nonzero chance of burning.
This method relies on the player being at 1 hitpoint for the duration of the cooking process, as the cold will not cause damage with only 1 hitpoint remaining. Should hitpoint regeneration occur, damage will be taken, and the action will be interrupted.
Draining from 50 to 43 cooking takes 70 ticks, or 42 seconds. Since cooking takes 4 ticks, you are guaranteed to successfully cook the first 18 wraps. After one minute you regenerate one hitpoint and the next cold tick will interrupt the cooking. This gives you at most 40 ticks of cooking with a burn chance, or at most 10 wraps per attempt.
In order to carry 27 wraps and also light a fire, drop your logs on the ground, bank, and finally use the "light" option on the logs.
As a fire can start burning out after one minute, light the fire as late as possible. Coloured logs are helpful in this regard, as they can be reliably lit on the first attempt even at level 1 Firemaking.
Cooking chance[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Other burnt foods|