Why 5.4 herbs per seed and not 6.8?[edit source]
Expected profit is based on an average of 5.46636195 herbs per seed, but herbs yield an average of 6.8 leaves per plot Herb#Farming_herbs
- I have no idea where the calculator creator got the number 5.46. The 6.8 number seems a bit high for OSRS, from what I remember that is close to the average on RS3 with supercompost, aura, and juju. Someone should do some fact checking to see which one is correct. It may be conflicting information that was copied over from the main RSW. 15:48, January 1, 2017 (UTC)
One of the pages says that higher farm level increases yield; annectdotally for me this seems to be true. When I grow lower level herbs I consistently get more; HOWEVER this would make calculating an average very difficult if it is true because it would depend on 1) your farming level 2) the specific herb you are growing.
In the high 60's low 70s farming snaps I consistently get 7+ a patch (though I understand the average would be lower because some die). On average closer to 9. It does seem to increase as I have leveled; I now get more 10 herb and even a 12; when I could first plant snaps I only got 8 max. I have actually started tracking the amount collected and if I remember will report back.
Last but not least; other than MAYBE torstols because of the xp Ranarr and Snapdragon seeds are most definitely not being grown for a loss. It wouldn't make sense economically. This makes me think this calculator is at the very least off by quite a bit.
22.214.171.124 06:29, 4 February 2019 (UTC)Manufacturer
Anima effects in calculator[edit source]
The new calculator is great, it takes into account all possible effects and permutations in a way the old page didn't. The one thing that seems to be missing is the effect of certain animas, namely attas and iasor. If these were added, I think this would take into account just about everything they possibly could. Is anything known about the specific boosts animas provide, and if not, is that something that can be crowdsourced through either runelite or a voluntary form? Danceswitheagle (talk) 09:45, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- Hey so unfortunately the Anima seeds values (and how they are applied) is unknown at this point. There's some estimates out there for their value but nothing concrete and conclusive enough of a result for me to add to the calculator just yet. It unfortunately can't be crowdsourced without manual human input but even then I've got ~1400 data points with the Attas seed and still don't have a conclusive value or way that the boost is applied so I'm still hesitant. On a different note, I'm glad you're enjoying the calculator, it was a fair bit of work but I'm really happy with the result and that people are using it :) 16:55, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
Calculator Broken[edit source]
It's saying I will I get around 4.3 herbs per seed at 73 farming, magic secateurs and kandarin hard diary patch. Also it's saying I make a net loss with snapdragons and ranarrs because of this which is utterly hilarious.
- You forgot to change the compost tier dropdown. Select super or ultracompost and try again. -Towelcat (talk) 12:23, 10 August 2019 (UTC)
Add options so the Catherby diary and Kourend Diary (5% farming guild) and the Weiss patch and the Morytania elite patch can be selected[edit source]
What is the formula for ?[edit source]
It seems inconsistent that the calculator introduction goes into such detail on how to get the average yield per patch from , while giving no information on how to determine .
- I only see being discussed in the page with respect to the chance for chance of death. The information for chance of death is given on the page for farming disease, but the formula give on the calculator, , is different from the one given on the disease page, , and it seems the second one is actually the one used in the calculator unless I am missing something. However, the formula for herb yield is discussed on the page for the Farming skill itself, and it would be nice to at least show where that information can be obtained. Vaquh (talk) 20:29, 24 December 2019 (UTC)
- It looks like the confusion is due to the disease page talking about required growth cycles and this page referencing total growth stages. Because the first and last stages (initial planting and fully grown) aren't susceptible to disease/death, they're ignored for the calculation. -126.96.36.199 21:40, 25 December 2019 (UTC)
An option should be included for Resurrect Crops[edit source]
This is the only feature available not currently included in the calculator. Shouldn't be too complicated off the top of my head, pull Magic level, add cost of base runes multiplied by death chance plus full cost of herb yield multiplied by (death chance*resurrect chance). 188.8.131.52 20:18, 30 April 2020 (UTC)
Kronos seed[edit source]
Disease can occur every growth cycle right? If Anima seed Kronos has the ability to skip a growth cycle, then this should decrease chance of disease -> less chance of crop dieing?
Attas and diary data[edit source]
From Simetra on discord: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F2iOwwIiJyLAJid5Du8fDHSW5uTy0QwoDonw4Cdy8xI/edit?usp=sharing -Towelcat (talk) 02:21, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
Compost Exp Not Included[edit source]
This is a really small point, but experience gained from composting patches is not included in the total exp gained from the herb run. Frankly, I don't think there is an easy way to include this because depending on how the patch is fertilized (direct composting or using the fertile soil spell) the amount of exp varies. I don't think it is worth adding this component to the calculator as it generally is a small effect to total experience and would make the calculator look less concise. All this being said, could we add a footnote saying that the total exp does NOT include the compost exp? (I would do it myself, but frankly I don't know how).
184.108.40.206 15:06, 10 March 2021 (UTC)Jinxer
- I added a note in the top description about compost experience not included in the total per run. Jakesterwars (talk) 15:20, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
What does Allotment calculator use[edit source]
This herb calculator is great and I love pointing people to it, I just don't know what function the allotment number performs. Can a description be added to the bullet points at the top? What crop does it assume for profit, snape grass or watermelons? The possibilities and prices are not among the output. It's not even clear what input is expected. The input allowed is 1-9, but there are a total of 15 patches in the game spread among 8 areas (Harmony Island only has one patch).