|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||I wouldn't want to eat his Porridge.|
|Max hit||50 (melee)|
|Attack style||Melee (crush)|
Callisto is an enormous bear that resides south of the Demonic Ruins and is the only monster to drop the tyrannical ring. He attacks using Melee. He can knock players back a few tiles, which renders them unable to move for a few seconds, as well as heal himself slightly. He is also able to perform a deadly shockwave attack that can hit up to 60 and may combine this with a melee attack, which is capable of instantly killing the player if they are within melee range and do not have Protect from Melee active.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
100%[edit | edit source]
Pre-roll[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Rune 2h sword||1||3/128||37,778||38,400|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||0.5/128||132,552||132,000|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Materials[edit | edit source]
|Uncut ruby||20 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||27,260||1,200|
|Uncut diamond||10 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||27,900||1,200|
|Mahogany logs||400 (noted)||6/128||142,000||12,000|
|Limpwurt root||25 (noted)||5/128||18,875||100|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||5/128||98,100||19,200|
|Red dragonhide||75 (noted)||3/128||176,925||6,525|
|Grimy toadflax||100 (noted)||1/128||203,700||1,100|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|Palm tree seed||1||1/128||51,050||152|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Dark crab||8||7/128[d 1]||9,736||1,536|
|Super restore(4)||3||7/128[d 1]||35,757||540|
|Dragon bones||30 (noted)||3/128||68,100||2,880|
|Dark fishing bait||375||1/128||1,500||375|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Looting bag||1||1/30||Not sold||N/A|
|Slayer's enchantment||1||1/30[d 1]||1,027||720|
|Brimstone key||1||1/50[d 2]||Not sold||N/A|
|Larran's key||1||1/50[d 3]||Not sold||54|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/100; 1/50[d 4]||Not sold||12|
|Long bone||1||1/400||Not sold||3|
|Callisto cub||1||1/2,000||Not sold||N/A|
|Curved bone||1||1/5,000||Not sold||4|
- Slayer's enchantments dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- Brimstone keys are only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Konar quo Maten.
- Larran's keys are only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- The elite clue scroll drop rate increases to 1/50 if a ring of wealth (i) is worn.
Deadman mode[edit | edit source]
The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
|Saradomin brew(4)||1||1/3[d 1]||3,947||120|
|Saradomin brew(1)||1||1/3[d 2]||988||75|
- Saradomin brew(4) is a tertiary drop only found in the seasonal mode.
- Saradomin brew(1) is a tertiary drop only found in the tournament mode.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|22 November 2018
|Callisto's 75 noted crushed nests drop was removed from its drop table, being replaced with 30 noted dragon bones.|
|8 February 2018
(update | poll)
|Callisto now uses his knockback attack less frequently.|
|26 June 2014
|Callisto's drop table was improved and he was made immune to Magic damage. The cluster of skeletons north of him was also removed to discourage safespotting.|
|20 March 2014
|The drop tables for Callisto, Vet'ion, Venenatis and the Lava dragons have been buffed.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Callisto is named after one of the Greek god Zeus' many lovers, who was turned into the constellation Ursa Major.
- Callisto is the name of one of Jupiter's moons.
- His examine text is a reference to Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- There is a pile of bear droppings in the woods south of his spawn, with the examine text "Now you know." — a reference to the popular colloquialism, "Does a bear shit in the woods?", a rhetorical question in response to something where the answer is obviously yes.