|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||I wouldn't want to eat his Porridge.|
|Max hit||50 (Crush)|
|Slayer XP||312 xp|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
Callisto is an enormous bear empowered by the corruption of the Wilderness that resides south of the Demonic Ruins and is the only monster to drop the tyrannical ring. He attacks using Melee. He can knock players back a few tiles, which renders them unable to move for a few seconds, as well as heal himself slightly. He is also able to perform a deadly shockwave attack that can hit up to 60 and may combine this with a melee attack, which is capable of instantly killing the player if they are within melee range and do not have Protect from Melee active.
Location[edit | edit source]
|South of the Demonic Ruins||470||1||Maplink|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The average Callisto kill is worth 82,680.4.
The average Callisto kill while on a Konar task is worth 84,602.74.
100%[edit | edit source]
Pre-roll[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Rune 2h sword||1||3/128||37,666||38,400|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||0.5/128||132,405||132,000|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Materials[edit | edit source]
|Uncut ruby||20 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||23,700||1,200|
|Uncut diamond||10 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||27,040||1,200|
|Mahogany logs||400 (noted)||6/128||123,600||12,000|
|Limpwurt root||25 (noted)||5/128||21,175||100|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||5/128||100,900||19,200|
|Red dragonhide||75 (noted)||3/128||162,825||6,525|
|Grimy toadflax||100 (noted)||1/128||196,800||1,100|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
|Palm tree seed||1||1/128||27,304||152|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Dark crab||8||10/128[d 1]||10,472||1,536|
|Super restore(4)||3||10/128[d 1]||33,855||540|
|Dragon bones||30 (noted)||3/128||39,900||2,880|
|Dark fishing bait||375||1/128||2,625||375|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Looting bag||1||1/3||Not sold||N/A|
|Brimstone key||1||1/50[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/100; 1/50[d 2]||Not sold||12|
|Long bone||1||1/400||Not sold||3|
|Callisto cub||1||1/2,000||Not sold||N/A|
|Curved bone||1||1/5,012.5||Not sold||4|
Wilderness Slayer tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Larran's key||1||1/50||Not sold||54|
Deadman mode[edit | edit source]
The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
|Saradomin brew(4)||1||1/3[d 1]||4,795||120|
|Saradomin brew(1)||1||1/3[d 2]||1,149||75|
- Saradomin brew(4) is a tertiary drop only found in the seasonal mode.
- Saradomin brew(1) is a tertiary drop only found in the tournament mode.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|22 November 2018
|8 February 2018
(update | poll)
Callisto now uses his knockback attack less frequently.
|16 April 2015
Callisto can no longer be blocked by other NPCs.
|19 March 2015
(update | poll)
Scorpia, Venenatis, Vet'ion and Callisto now have a very slim chance of dropping a pet version of themselves when killed.
|26 June 2014
Callisto's drop table was improved and he was made immune to Magic damage. The cluster of skeletons north of him was also removed to discourage safespotting.
|20 March 2014
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Callisto is named after one of the Greek god Zeus' many lovers (and consequently, one of Jupiter's moons), who was turned into the constellation Ursa Major, depicting a bear.
- Although Callisto's namesake in Greek mythology is female, the examine refers to the boss in-game as male.
- His examine text is a reference to Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- There is a pile of bear droppings in the woods south of his spawn, with the examine text "Now you know.", a reference to the colloquialism "does a bear shit in the woods?", which is a rhetorical question in response to something where the answer is obviously yes.
- Despite being a boss variant of the bear, Callisto is unable to drop ensouled bear heads, even though other bosses like Scorpia and the Kalphite Queen drop ensouled scorpion and kalphite heads respectively.