|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Always drops||Big bones|
|I wouldn't want to eat his Porridge.|
|Max hit||50 (melee)|
|Attack style||Melee (crush)|
Callisto is an enormous bear that resides south of the Demonic Ruins, and is the only monster to drop the tyrannical ring. He attacks using melee. He can knock players back a few tiles, which renders them unable to move for a few seconds, as well as heal himself slightly. He is also able to perform a deadly shockwave attack that can hit up to 60, and may combine this with a melee attack, which is capable of instantly killing the player if they are within melee range and do not have Protect from Melee active.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
100%[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Big bones 1 Always 206
Weapons/Armour[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,865 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,984 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare (1/171) 6,102,618 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 132,853 Tyrannical ring 1 Rare (1/512) 1,847,905
Runes[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Soul rune 250 Uncommon 36,750 Death rune 300 Uncommon 66,600 Chaos rune 400 Uncommon 39,600 Blood rune 200 Uncommon 57,600
Materials[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Uncut ruby 20 (noted) Uncommon  27,520 Uncut diamond 10 (noted) Uncommon  29,430 Coconut 60 (noted) Uncommon 86,640 Magic logs 100 (noted) Uncommon 114,300 Limpwurt root 25 (noted) Uncommon 23,875 Red dragonhide 75 (noted) Uncommon 186,000 Mahogany logs 400 (noted) Uncommon 149,600 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare (1/128) 13,915 Grimy toadflax 100 (noted) Rare (1/128) 127,000
Seeds[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Snapdragon seed 3 Uncommon 153,534 Ranarr seed 5 Uncommon 190,935 Yew seed 1 Rare (1/128) 85,432 Magic seed 1 Rare (1/128) 138,986 Palm tree seed 1 Rare (1/128) 36,552
Food/Potions[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dark crab 8 Common  10,272 Super restore(4) 3 Common  28,602
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 12,000–20,000 Common Not sold Supercompost 100 (noted) Uncommon 45,200 Cannonball 250 Uncommon 38,000 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/27.5) 169,393 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,022 Dragon bones 30 (noted) Uncommon 65,910 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Dark fishing bait 375 Rare (1/128) 750 Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Callisto cub 1 Very rare (1/2,000) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing Callisto on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/27.5 to 1/5.
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- 1/50 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 June 2014 (update)||Callisto's drop table was improved and he was made immune to Magic damage. The cluster of skeletons north of him was also removed to discourage safespotting.|
|8 February 2018 (update | poll)||Callisto now uses his knockback attack less frequently.|
|22 November 2018 (update)||Callisto's 75 noted crushed nests drop was removed from its drop table, being replaced with 30 noted dragon bones.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Callisto is named after one of the Greek god Zeus' many lovers, who was turned into the constellation Ursa Major.
- Callisto is the name of one of Jupiter's moons.
- His examine text is a reference to Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- There is a pile of bear droppings in the woods south of his spawn, with the examine text "Now you know." — a reference to the popular colloquialism, "Does a bear shit in the woods?", a rhetorical question in response to something where the answer is obviously yes.
Wilderness bosses and rewards