|Released||29 June 2004 (Update)|
|Teleports||• Kharyrll Teleport|
• Fairy ring (cks)
• Portal Chamber of POH • Salve Graveyard Teleport
|Location on World Map|
|Mort Myre Swamp|
Canifis is a small town in Morytania, which lies to the east of Varrock. It is only accessible to players who have completed the Priest in Peril quest. The town is inhabited by werewolves in human form, and many of the citizens and shops have references to dogs in their names. Canifis houses a secret base used by The Myreque, and is the starting point for a number of quests in the Myreque storyline.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- To the north-west is Morytania Slayer Tower
- To the south is the Mort Myre Swamp
- To the west is Varrock
- To the east is Port Phasmatys
- Players can teleport to Canifis using the Ancient Magicks spell Kharyrll Teleport.
- Alternatively, players can focus one of the portals in their Portal Chamber in their house to Canifis.
- You can also use a fairy ring with the code cks, which will teleport you just west of Canifis.
- In addition an ectophial may be used to teleport close to Canifis obtainable after the Ghosts Ahoy quest.
- A Salve Graveyard Teleport may be used to get to the graveyard outside of Canifis.
- A Slayer ring may be used to teleport to the Morytania Slayer Tower.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
There is a bank in eastern Canifis.
Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Canifis Rooftop Course is available to players with an Agility level of 40 or above.
Mazchna[edit | edit source]
Barker's Haberdashery[edit | edit source]
The clothes shop, Barkers' Haberdashery, is in the northern part of the city. All items cost 650 coins each, except for the capes which cost 20 coins each. Coloured gloves and capes are tradeable to free-to-play players, all other items are members only.
Tannery[edit | edit source]
Taxidermist[edit | edit source]
Shop[edit | edit source]
Raw meat[edit | edit source]
Mushroom patch[edit | edit source]
Inn[edit | edit source]
Roavar, the bartender of Hair of the Dog, will sell you a moonlight mead for 5 coins. There are also several quests related NPCs. There is a shortcut to Mort'ton down a ladder behind the inn (requires completion of In Search of the Myreque to access shortcut).
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Werewolf - If you attack any man or woman citizen of Canifis, they turn into level 88 werewolves. If you wield the Wolfbane dagger, you can fight the men and women without them turning into werewolves.
Other people[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
- In Search of the Myreque
- In Aid of the Myreque
- Creature of Fenkenstrain
- Desert Treasure involves Canifis.
- Wanted! involves Canifis.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Canifis" is likely named after canis, the genus of wolves, as the town is inhabited by werewolves.
See also[edit | edit source]