A canoe is a small boat that players can make to access faster transportation on the River Lum. Building canoes require the Woodcutting skill, and like other Woodcutting interactions, building the boat is faster with higher tier axes. At every canoe station there is an NPC to teach you how to make a canoe.
Canoes will stay on a station if left until you log out. Making a canoe at another station will clear any previously left canoes while teleporting does not.
Locations[edit | edit source]
There are 6 canoe stations along the River Lum; making a canoe requires that you have an axe (either wielded or in your inventory) for which you have the required Woodcutting level to use.
- Lumbridge. Barfy Bill is at this canoe station.
- Champions' Guild. Tarquin is at this canoe station.
- Barbarian Village. Sigurd is at this canoe station.
- Edgeville. Hari is at this canoe station.
- Ferox Enclave. Marten is at this canoe station. Of the four types of canoe, only a waka canoe (Level 57 Woodcutting) can be rowed to it.
- The Ferox Enclave canoe station can also be reached by entering the Ferox Enclave via walking (potentially dangerous due to the Ferox Enclave being surrounded by the Wilderness).
- Instead of walking to the Ferox Enclave through the Wilderness, a safer option to reach the Ferox Enclave canoe station would be to use the minigames teleport (Clan Wars) that can be used once every 20 minutes.
- Once in the Ferox Enclave, only an axe for which you have the woodcutting level to use (either wielded or in your inventory), a woodcutting level of 12, and the simplest level of canoe (log canoe) are required to row to Edgeville.
- Wilderness Pond, just south-east of the Lava Maze. Requires a waka canoe (Level 57 Woodcutting) to travel to. There is no canoe station there, so it is impossible to use a canoe to sail back down the river.
Types of canoes[edit | edit source]
Four different kinds of canoes can be made:
|A Log||12||30||It will take you one stop along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|A Dugout||27||60||It can take you up to two stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|A Stable Dugout||42||90||It can take you up to three stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|A Waka||57||150||It can take you unlimited stops along the River Lum. The only canoe that can travel into the Wilderness.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
|16 July 2020
Ferox Enclave canoe station is now available. It can only be rowed to using a waka canoe, though it can be teleported to using the minigames teleport (Clan Wars) that can be used once every 20 minutes.
|31 May 2013
(update | poll)
Canoes are now F2P features and can be used on worlds with F2P-style restrictions.
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Waka" is the Māori word for canoe, or vessel. This word can by interpretation mean a spiritual vessel, or plain transportation. Waka canoes are used in New Zealand predominately. Further, the Old School RuneScape sprite resembles a waka canoe.